Hello from Dundalk, Maryland, USA

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

MikeThompson

Hello from Dundalk, Maryland, USA

Post by MikeThompson »

Greetings All,
I`m brand new to this group , having just signed up yesterday. I`ve been reenacting and doing living history in the U.S. for about 35 years, mainly Civil War and WWII. I was doing Federal and Confederate, was an early member of the first Grossdeutschland unit here( back when I was a skinny kid and wore all original German uniform and equipment) and more recently Red Army( early war and late war) and now at the age for Volkssturm with some of the fellows who got me into reenacting all those years ago. I intend to move to Ireland( Republic of) when I retire in a couple of years. My wife is from Longford and I`ve been over there many times though I didn`t know if there were any active WWII groups over there. I was rather dismayed at the restrictive gun laws when I spoke to a couple of the Garda and every weapon I mentioned in my collection was deemed illegal there. How do you manage weaponwise regarding reenactments and living histories? Any information would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks!
Regards,
Mike
Gren-Schell

Re: Hello from Dundalk, Maryland, USA

Post by Gren-Schell »

Welcome to the site Mike
We do have problem over here with firearms, but it's not too bad. If you can get hold of an FAC (Firearms Certificate), you can get hold of weapons (blank-firers) and there are also plenty of people who you can hire weapons from.

Ps... I also did ACW. I was a reb for 10 years!!
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Hi Mike, as long as you don't move to Dundalk, in Ireland. It's shite, and i'll bet it's got nowt in common with Dundalk in Maryland!

Regarding your weapons, there is a chance MAYBE, that you could apply for a section 5 licence. I know no more on the details of this,so you'd have to "google" it for more advice. But, it may be an option for you.

Good luck,

Manny
MikeThompson

Post by MikeThompson »

Thanks for the info! I will certainly follow up. We`ve been looking for places around the Cavan / Longford area as that is where my wafe and her family are from, though she has some relatives in Dublin too. The weapons I have right now are : Semi-auto PPSh-41 , 2 pre war Mosin 91/30`s , a Mosin 91/30 sniper , a pre war dated Tokarev TT-33 semi-auto pistol , an 1895 Nagant revolver dated 1911 with czarist markings, an M38 Mosin carbine , a mid war K98 , an inert panzerfaust , and an assortment of inert Russian and German grenades both repro and original. I have grown quite fond of those babies over the years and it would kill me if I couldn`t bring them with me. When you get a chance go to this website: www.3vzvod.com My youngest daughter , Elaine is one of the two female medics in the group. The photos with our background info are our I.D. book photos. We all look like convicts in a gulag. It hasn`t been updated in awhile but you`ll see what some of us yanks have been up to. Unfortunately , our Volkssturm group of old farts haven`t got a site up yet but one of the fellows is working on it.

Regards,
Mike
MikeThompson

Post by MikeThompson »

Sorry, she`s my WIFE , not my wafe. Never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Hi!!

Wilkommen!!

Some collection there! You could contact Mike B or TacAide here who can point you in the right direction on the byzantine laws we have here.

Horrido
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Return to “Introductions”