Hallo from France

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Stu21

Hallo from France

Post by Stu21 »

I'm ex military,an old friend of Schnellmeyer,and have researched the life of Jochen Peiper since 76. I have had the privilege like Schnellmeyer to meet and become friends with many Vets. I look forward to participating on this forum!!
SchnellMeyer

Re: Hallo from France

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Welcome Alte Kamerad , good to see you on here . Stu21 is a expert on the life and times of Jochen Peiper , anything you want to know then this is your man . We are old friends and for over 20 years we have attended many veteran reunions together . He will be a great asset to this forum.
You know old friend there is always a spare bed in my house when you get the chance to visit.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Stu21

Re: Hallo from France

Post by Stu21 »

Thanks mate, due to one thing and another i've not left France for some years but you never know!! Hopefully Danny Parker's book will be out by the end of the year, at least Part 1 as it's in 2 volumes, it's about Peiper and the Malmedy Affair. He's done a lot of research with help from Jens. I'll keep you posted. Jens own book was very good but did not please a lot of people. He did his homework and we've talked many times about Peiper. There is always a negative side to someone,even Peiper! If the fact's are there you have to accept it. Anyway if i can be of any help just ask. I'm not in to debates about Peiper,whether he was good,bad etc or about his death in France. I know the Police Inspector who led the Investigation, He gave me the names of 4 youths who were arrested for the burning of Peiper's house and his death,but they were released through lack of hard evidence, not because there was any political pressure etc. Both the Police Inspector (Who,he told me,regretted not meeting Peiper in person) and the Captain from the Gendarmerie,who also took part in this case and who did meet Peiper, both spoke of their respect for him. A lot of speculation goes on even today about Peiper's death. Anyway,if you need me you know where i am mate, Stu.

Return to “Introductions”