Greetings from Sweden

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Eben_Emael

Greetings from Sweden

Post by Eben_Emael »

Hello my friends!
I am a reenactor, living in northern sweden, and i am going to try to start a WW2 group based around the German occupying forces in Trondheim, which is just over the border from where i live. The unit in question is 702 static infantry division. I have a list of the units within the division, but if anyone can provide me with a list of more specific geographical locations within 702's area of ops, i would be grateful.
I would also like some ideas and opinions about how such a division should be armed and equipped.
Hope to meet some of you sometime!
Happy trails!
//Adrian 8)
Peiper

Re: Greetings from Sweden

Post by Peiper »

Try google, Wikkipedia or the old fashioned way= ref books, lol :D

As for equipment i would presume it is for a bog-standard Wehrmacht Infantry Unit ?,
the order of the day would be KAR-98's and leather webbing, such as belt Y-straps etc
and equipment such as bread bag, gasmask/tin, bayonet, scabbard & frog etc.

Unless portraying an Officer or NCO/section leader then equipment would be, sidearm
(Luger or P38) and holster and/or MP40/38 with pouches, map-case etc??
Or perhaps MG gunner then that would be MG-34/42 with tool-pouch, side arm and ammo
tins and/or cartidge belts!!

Maybe some of the other guys can think of anything ive missed :?:

Peiper
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Also, talk to the other Swedish groups (they are on here).
Great bunch of guys and very well informed :wink:
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Eben_Emael

Post by Eben_Emael »

Before i joined this forum, i Googled, wiki'ed, yahoo'd and Ask'd until my fingers were numb from typing, and the reference books i have looked at, in common with whatever i could find online, dealt either with the german army very generally, or the more "cool" topics, such as the Waffen SS, or paras, etc. They were detailed. Not a word on anything as mundane as an occupation garrison. Well, no details, that is. I know which Division occupied Trondheim, and have an idea of it's constituent regiments and support units, but nothing else.

Return to “Introductions”