New to the forum

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

jerseydamien

New to the forum

Post by jerseydamien »

Hi,
I am from Jersey in the Channel Islands, or the Kanalinseln as the Germans called them when they Occupied the Islands from 1940 to 1945. Consequently we now have Island covered in German bunkers and tunnels. Great if like me if your interested but just lumps of unwanted concrete if your not. I have been a collector for just on 40 years now and am still hard at work looking for new items for my collection. I am now really keen on acquiring photo albums, soldbuch and wehrpass from German soldiers who were stationed in the Channel Islands during the Occupation as well as any other items which are directly connected to here.
We have a small re-enacting group here on the Island and we meet up every month or so during the summer and at the end of our season we have a all singing all dancing battle, which on an Island only 9 miles by 5 is quite difficult. As you will imagine dressing up in German uniform on an Island previously Occupied is a little dodgy especially when theres a lot of noise involved as well. We have just has a short film posted onto Youtube is you'd like to see it have a look for it under "ww2 JerseyLiving History Group in action". Its only 12 minutes long but shows what we get up to over here. If you want to see some of my collection then have a look at http://www.festungjerseymilitaria.com , its a small website and not that good (I put it together) but it gives you an idea of some of the collection.
If any of you guys, especially those of you in Germany ever come across items from the Islands please email me at damienhorn@jerseymail.co.uk and I am sure we can sort out a deal.
If any of you are thinking of visiting the Island of Jersey, let me know and we can try and sort out a plan of attack for your trip, making sure you see the things which most tourist never do.
All the best,
Damien.
berlin1945

Re: New to the forum

Post by berlin1945 »

Welcome to the forum Damien, my fav place in world to visit return to Jersey or Gernsey at least once a year, great people great place to get the feel of the German occupation, Seamus
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

I love Guernsey and Jersey, go over most years (usually Guernsey) - it was going to the Channel Islands every year when I was a nipper that got me interested in German WW2 stuff from a young age - my Mum dropped me on my head in the German Underground Hospital in Jersey when I was a few months old in 1977 - my WW2 German obsession must all stem from that...!! :lol:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Hello Damien! Are you going to show the good folks on here your astonishing collection of MG34s and associated accessories? Zwillingsöckel anybody?

Welcome to the forum anyway! :D
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Hiddenevil

Post by Hiddenevil »

Welcome dude!
DragonBallZ

Post by DragonBallZ »

hi guys.

newbie here too from Denver.

i got curios with this forum that's why i join here.

hope i can get questions to my curiosity.

thanks and nice to meet you guys.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

DragonBallZ wrote:hi guys.

newbie here too from Denver.

i got curios with this forum that's why i join here.

hope i can get questions to my curiosity.

thanks and nice to meet you guys.
Welkommen :D
Fire away your questions im sure someone on the forum can help :?:

Regards, Peiper

Return to “Introductions”