New old collector

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Simon Klaus

New old collector

Post by Simon Klaus »

Hi Gentlemen,

I am enjoying the forum for a year or two and not awarded I haven’t joint in yet :mrgreen: , as I am alone in Hong Kong for this hobby the majority just don’t have the knowledge and wreath for it and the major drawback are they are no longer mastering English after the red China took over in 1997, and no reenactment groups of WWII Deutsch Sodlat, so nothing to be post initially. Not until I finished my helmet project and tried to login then realized I am still a tourist.

Since over three decades ago, I was collecting German gear by fax and long distance call to catch up with the updates which was post to HK and sending payment via postal orders and bank drafts, mostly from Unique Import, Bud O’Toole of US and Berry Smith of UK, however I sold the entire collection due to finical hardship around 90’s. :oops:

Five years ago I started the hobby again; my recollection is focused on the pre war and early war Heer gear to the rank of Unteroffizer, same rank as I was in the local TA, I am collecting both original and reproductions. There is nothing on the local market, not even China repro, all German items has to be mail still but the internet had shorten the transection speed. :D

Cheers,

Simon
Pug42

Re: New old collector

Post by Pug42 »

Welcome to the forum Simon - I'm sure you'll pick up a few interesting pieces over time in the 'For Sale' section!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “Introductions”