Grüß dich!

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Gebirgsziege

Grüß dich!

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Hello everyone.

As you can see, I am quite new here to the forum. I've reenacted in the past as a WWI doughboy and WWII G.I., but have not done either for some time now. I have also dabbled in collecting WWII U.S. Navy. Well, I now willing to forego all of my past activities, and jump straight into WWII Germany. Due to a fondness of the outdoors and mountainous terrain, the Gebirgstruppen is to be my way ahead.

I am currently not affiliated with any reenactment unit or organization but will look for one soon enough. Being highly finicky about the small details [a curse from my father], I value the input of others that have "been there, done that" along with mega-doses of personal research. This, and camaraderie is why I am here.

I am not one for public battles, and prefer either private ones, or unit training events instead. A further nudge for choosing Gebirgsjäger are the images of "Project Edelweiss" and the camaraderie displayed by the attendees. I realistically may not ever make it over to Europe to attend one, but that doesn't mean a fella' can't dream!

I'm glad to be here, and look forward to our future correspondence,
David
berlin1945

Re: Grüß dich!

Post by berlin1945 »

Welcome from Ireland and best wishes Mairtin Kgk Éire
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Zoepf

Post by Zoepf »

Wilkommen kamerad!

Going to France to participate in Project Edelweiss is also a goal of mine! I am also from the Midwest, around St. Louis Missouri. My unit primarily does 3.SS but we are working on putting together alternative Gebirgsjager impressions.

If you have any questions or anything, shoot me a PM! Welcome to the forums, there's alot of great information around.
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will be sure to be back to post some questions, I am already formulating some uniform/equipment retailer ones as we speak! :-)

David
Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

Grüß Di' Bergkamerad David,

Welcome to the group and the Gebirgsjäger impression. If you have any questions, I'm sure you'll find plenty of answers on this forum.

Project Edelweiss is a fantastic endeavor and a wonderful experience. Mountaineering experience is a must for this event since everyone's lives depend on each other. I'm hoping to make it over there again for this year's event.

Berg Heil und Horrido!

Patrick
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Patrick,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm just getting off the ground and am very excited about it. My questions will flow as I dig deeper through my thoughts and research.

I wish well for you to make it back over to Prject Edelweiss. The pictures and films obtained during the events are simply phenominal! I am very happy for all who are able to attend!

Tschüss,
David

Return to “Introductions”