Hello from The Netherlands

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

nilznl

Hello from The Netherlands

Post by nilznl »

Hi,

After stirring up a hornets nest, bluntly choosing the wrong discussion to jump into, I realized I hadn't even properly introduced myself. Way to barge in and get on people's bad side first :mrgreen: I'm not always this socially awkward, honest :lol:

Right, introductions. I'm 39 years old, from Amsterdam. Have had a keen interest in WW2 from a young age. In the last couple of years, I have found myself fascinated by learning about the German side. This is partly because having grown up with grandparents who had survived the occupation, it was not considered acceptable to want to learn a whole lot more about it than "the Nazis were evil and killed Jews". I felt the need to learn about it and try to understand how it all could come about. Aside from that, they clearly have the smartest uniforms and most impressive tanks :wink:

I started out playing airsoft a while ago, but as my interest waned, I found myself gravitating towards WW2 Airsoft, and then through wanting to get it "right" , towards reenactment. I've only recently become a member of this board (I first tried years ago, but my registration got lost in limbo and was never activated), but have been lurking here for years.

I currently am working on a late war FJ impression, but will probably expand to Heer later. Whether I will join a reenactment group locally, I have not yet decided.
Mooyman

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Mooyman »

Welkom mejonge!

The best repro is an original...
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Hello nilznl, welcome :)

I look forward to sharing our knowledge on fallschirmjager :)

Regards,

Gary
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
christiandbn

Post by christiandbn »

Another jaeger on the team :D
The fighter must seek battle in the air. Luftwaffe Supplies
nilznl

Post by nilznl »

Thanks!
Otto Mobil

Post by Otto Mobil »

Guten Tag mein freund. Ich freue mich, Sie kennen zu lernen!
I withdraw my toast to the end of the war. To heroic horse's asses everywhere...!
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Hallo, groetjes van een Zuiderbuur :wink:

Als je vragen over FJ hebt, stel ze maar... wij doen Fallschirmjäger in Vlaanderen.*

Olivier Vercammen
FJR2

*If you got questions concerning FJ, shoot... we portray Fallschirmäger in Flanders.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
nilznl

Post by nilznl »

Cheers!

Still very much in early stages, getting the basics together. Questions will probably start popping up as I get to detailing and work on building a background.

Return to “Introductions”