At the recruiting office front door.

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Herr Taff

At the recruiting office front door.

Post by Herr Taff »

Hello,

I am about to join the GD (if you will have me) and this is my introduction.
Looking forward to meeting you all in due course.
I am now pricing uniform and kit. any sugestions most welcome.

Some basic questions for you.
I want a M36 tunic..used throughout the war is this ok? or will I have to be directed?
with regard to a weapon I would like a blank firing K98...is trhis the norm? how much will I have to pay for one?

how often do you meet up for group training/social etc?

any help advice most welcome!
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

Hi Tim (ill tell them your name!)
Welcome to our second home. Have not forgotten your stuff mate just need to find the time to post it.
Look through it, it should answer some of your questions. If you are unsure about stuff then please ask as its how all of us have learnt.

We have an AGM and social eveings throughout the year, some of these are done at shows etc.
We have a bi-monthly newsletter which everyone can contribute to which also includes reports, information, etc.

Hope this helps a bit and im sure some of the other lads will answer some of your other questions.
Speak soon

Emma
Herr Taff

Post by Herr Taff »

looking forward to having orders shouted at me!
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

No problem with the M36 tunic. We try to represent as broad a spectrum of uniforms as possible. GD had first choice when new kit was issued, and as they were around from 39 to the end in 45 we are ok with a mix of uniforms. Our authenticity officer Johann will give you more of an idea about kit.
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

hello Tim
with regards to the k98;
to own a k98 that fires blanks you would need to apply for a section 1 firearms license as strictly speaking they are live firing weapons that you use just for blanks . at the moment no-one makes a replica blank firing version.
the easiest solution is to register with the armourer that we use and hire your firing weapon for any battle that we participate in.
you then buy a deactivated k98 for use on static displays etc.
hope this helps

Rich
Coming Soon..........
Herr Taff

Post by Herr Taff »

many thanks for your replies!
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

Hi Tim

Ive got your email mate just need to get a whole new pack copied to you but its nearly done so ill post as soon as.....but keep asking the questions on here and we should be able to help you

Emma
Herr Taff

Post by Herr Taff »

great stuff!
I will cover the costs or make a donation or join etc...!

I am quite excited as although there was no gd at the DFR event it was my first foray into the world of reenactment, and fortunatley
my children aged 9 (boy) and 7 (girl) loved it! and would love to see daddy dressed up!
this of course makes it easier to sell to my wife..who found the event interesting.I am begining to sound hen pecked now....
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

Tim, dont worry about cost it will be covered by membership costs. Its just getting to the copier to do it.

Really glad you enjoyed it and if the kids love it, then you can not let them down now by not dressing up.

Speak soon mate

Emma

Return to “Introductions”