Hinlegen with the MG.

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Max

Hinlegen with the MG.

Post by Max »

Hello:

Somebody can explain me or point me in the right direction to find the proper way to perform “Hinlegen” with the Mg for the nr1 and the ammo boxes for the nr2 please?

In the130/2a manual it’s explained how to perform the “Auf marsch marsch” in the two cases, but nothing about how go to ground.

Gruss! :)

Max.
1./SS-"Deutschland"
1./SS-Ers.Btl. "Deutschland"
A proud member of the Second Battle Group.
Prinz Eugen

Re: Hinlegen with the MG.

Post by Prinz Eugen »

Hope this helps a bit....

Behaviour of the MG-Troop:

The LMG is always borne such that it is not revealed to the enemy. The position must allow for the launch of surprising fire and the greatest flanking effect possible. It is important to make sure that the LMG offers the enemy only a small, difficult to discover target. On the LMG itself, no clusters may be allowed to form. Striking bushes, earthworks, forest scrub and buildings attract the attention of the enemy.

The leader positions the LMG in cover ready to begin firing. He shows the Schütze 1 the enemy and sights the weapon. The Schütze 1 loads, makes safe and digs in the weapon*. Then, the Gruppenführer gives the Schütze 1 the fire-order, for example: 'Feuerstösse auf die linken Waldecke, bis der Schützentrupp rechts von uns die Hecke dort erreicht hat. Stellung! – Feuer frei!’ (‘Fire on the left woods, until the rifle-troop right of us has reached the hedge there. Position! – Fire at will!’). On the command, 'Stellung!’, the Schütze 1 begins to fire independently.**

If the LMG has no cover, in which it can be made ready to fire, the Gruppenführer first gives the command, ' Stellung’, and then gives the order to fire.

The Schütze 2 brings the Richtschütze ammunition and remains near to the LMG in cover, constantly prepared to support the Richtschütze.

Schützen 3 and 4 choose a place laterally and behind the LMG, that they can insofar as possible maintain eye contact with both the LMG and the Gruppenführer. On ' Stellungswechsel!', the Richtschütze makes the weapon safe and then shouts 'Fertig!’.***

The springing is carried out in the same method as for the rifle-troop. Upon the command 'Stellungswechsel!’, the squad moves forward.

In a common position change, it is usual to allow one LMG- Schütze to spring forward, and reconnoitre the new position and the enemy and then the Schütze 1 occasionally reduces his fire.
'Ersten rein, letzten raus! Ich bin keine graue Maus!'
Prinz Eugen

Post by Prinz Eugen »

Check this site out for more info.....

http://www.germansoldier.co.uk/gruppe_fire.html

The chaps there have some really good articles.
'Ersten rein, letzten raus! Ich bin keine graue Maus!'
Max

Post by Max »

Thank you for your feedback and the link, but I was referring more particularly to an explanation of how to perform properly “Hinlegen” with the LMG.

In the German manual 130/2a in Section 21 “Hinlegen” details how to perform the “Hinlegen” with the Kar 98 step by step, and at the last paragraph specifies: “Laying down with the LMG, MP, L. Mortar and Munition Cans occurs accordingly”.

I perform the “Hinlegen” with the MP40 same way as with the Kar, no problem, but.. I doubt someone can do the same with the LMG.

In any case we have a training this weekend so we will try the “HInlegen” with the LMG in the same way as with the Kar.

I hope we don’t need a Forceps to extract the LMG from some dark body part from our nr. 1 :?

In any case I will be glad if somebody can point me to some illustration or documentary images showing an LMG team performing the “Hinlegen”.

Gruss! :)

Max.
1./SS-"Deutschland"
S.Wilhelm

Post by S.Wilhelm »

Hinnnlegen!! Auf - Marsch Marsch!

Max with the screams you do in the training, Gerhard will take the MG as another part of his body!

BTW, I`ve bougth a new 42 from Lenz, Sie ist Frau "Inge" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwnWHmZqwK0

Good day!
Schütze Siegfried W. Inselmann
1. / SS-Inf.Ers.Btl. Deutschland
Max

Post by Max »

I don’t scream…. I just talk to you all with enthusiasm. :twisted:
1./SS-"Deutschland"
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

boo--- herman the german
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Max

Post by Max »

dog green 1 wrote:boo--- herman the german
And a "Barracke Pferde" too! :wink:
1./SS-"Deutschland"

Return to “Drill, Tactics, Fieldcraft”