Tent, the product of 2010! Well for Germans anyway!

Moderator: Pathfinder Jack

Schäfer

Re: Tent, the product of 2010! Well for Germans anyway!

Post by Schäfer »

For those who have been following this thread.

I have been contacted by Jack today. He is trying to re-establish his business and I wish him well with that. As my own situation has been resolved to my satisfaction I have deleted and edited some of my posts accordingly.

Best wishes.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Good news, Mr Schäfer.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Jack has always been "fair & square" with me. He managed to sort out my order & got it to me despite the adversity.
I personally wish him well and hope he manages to find his feet again.
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
koobleguy

Post by koobleguy »

Schäfer wrote:For those who have been following this thread.

I have been contacted by Jack today. He is trying to re-establish his business and I wish him well with that. As my own situation has been resolved to my satisfaction I have deleted and edited some of my posts accordingly.

Best wishes.
THIS IS GOOD NEWS, indeed!

I'd be really interested in his products in case they make it back on the market in good quality,
did he mention any timelines?
regards, koobleguy

always looking for parts, pictures etc for VW Kübelwagen type 82 Schwimmwagen type 166 BMW R75
dagda

Post by dagda »

I hope it all works out for Jack. His Staff tent that he sold me has seen some sterling service this year.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Peiper

Post by Peiper »

dagda wrote:I hope it all works out for Jack. His Staff tent that he sold me has seen some sterling service this year.
I was after one of them, pity the business went tits up!!, trouble is there is a void in the
market now, especially for this type of gear in the form of UK suppliers??

A decent German tent now at a reasonable price is as rare as rocking horse shit!! :cry:
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Indeed, it opens the way for farby tent ltd. More post war Italian or Swiss constructs to litter our wonderful dioramas.
Pathfinder Jack

Post by Pathfinder Jack »

WOW!

Thank you all very much for your kind words folks!

Yes it has been one hell of a journey and one I never knew I would be on in a million years. But sometimes life is pretty good at 'testing' you and it did just that this year!

I have also got to take my hat off to you all for such patience, trust and understanding you have all shown me - yes we stuffed some stuff up but as said elsewhere I will make sure everything is rectified.

Furthermore, I would also like to add that I have a pretty high opinion of this hobby to start with but after all this, it is even higher, it really is.

So whats the future? Well the good news is that yes, I am on my way back and will in the near distant future will be back up and running - it will take me time to get back to full strength but I will be back and a lot slicker too.

And one thing for sure - the mountain tent will be in the range!
I have missed not being around.

So I have some odds and ends that needed to be sold/cleared and will post them up in a mo but if you need me because you have something outstanding then for now - you can get me at jackbeckett5000@yahoo.co.uk

My kind regards to you all.

Jack.!
f.knieriemen

Post by f.knieriemen »

Hi Jack,

finally I understand why I get no answer addressing your shop via Email and phone :roll:

Me and a couple of buddies of our German Re-enacters Group (352.ID) have interests in your GERMAN OFFICERS TEN as well as in the MOUNTAIN TENT – would be great to get an indication when your back up to speed as if the pricing stays where it was – you could expect your first orders again :)

Cheers Fritze
Pathfinder Jack

f.knieriemen wrote:Hi Jack,

finally I understand why I get no answer addressing your shop via Email and phone :roll:

Me and a couple of buddies of our German Re-enacters Group (352.ID) have interests in your GERMAN OFFICERS TEN as well as in the MOUNTAIN TENT – would be great to get an indication when your back up to speed as if the pricing stays where it was – you could expect your first orders again :)

Cheers Fritze

Thanks Fritze!

And will send you an email and catch up. I intend to be up and running at the end of this month - just awaiting final sample tents to be sent to me and I have made some adjustments to the staff tent - mainly they will now all include a ridge pole! This is because many folks asked for them and it makes sense to supply what folks want. OK so may not be as per the originals but if that's what folks want then we can do it!

Price wise - I am trying to keep them where they were originally - £549.99 but everything in the world has gone through the roof but will try my best to keep it as low as possible. One thing I don't want to do is to make is cheaper so that we get sales only to end up with an nonviable business which doesn't allow me to operate or develop new products. And we all have to take into account that VAT here in the UK will be going up 2.5% to 20% in Jan 2011.

But what I will do is to start with a 'open for business' price - to get the ball rolling and as a thank you to you all for your help and support.

Best wishes,

Jack.
sparky

Post by sparky »

hi jack will you be making the german tents kin different colours and sizes?
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

sparky wrote:hi jack will you be making the german tents kin different colours and sizes?
The German tents that Jack produces are copied from original specs so come in the vivid tan colours
that everybody hates but are "aufentik" lol, i dare say he would make you a lovely polka-dot design if
you ask him nicely though!! :lol: :lol:
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The colour will soon 'weather in' and fade in time.I used my staff tent for the first time at W&P,it got a good covering of 'beltring dust'.At Detling most of this was washed off in the two heavey downpours that weekend,but it kept me and my kit dry.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Pathfinder Jack

sparky wrote:hi jack will you be making the german tents kin different colours and sizes?
Hi Sparky,

With regards to the colour then yes I would be up for that but let me walk you through a couple of issues a) what colour b) what would the demand be as there are large minimum orders for me at this end.

It is a fine line on getting the stocking correct and the colour/shade that folks want but more than happy to listen to everyones feedback - after all, it is you guys who know what you want!

My best wishes,

Jack.
barryG

Post by barryG »

I would say if youre going to spend £550 on a German tent, then have it in the right colour and size. No point spending out that sort of money on something farbie is there, just because you like the colour :lol:

Return to “Patherfinder Distribution - tents”