Canvas medic bag

Devoted to all that represent Medics etc..

Moderator: DAS MEDIC

Eberhard

Canvas medic bag

Post by Eberhard »

Hi

Wonder if you can help.

I am after a good replica canvas medic bag, which I have seen in pictures in use. Has anyone any suggestions as to where I can get a one or close copy.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Eberhard
VonSchnitzel

Re: Canvas medic bag

Post by VonSchnitzel »

Hard to find the right one
Unless you want to pay $400 - $1000 for the bag and original contents then check out ebay

However I use one of these which are common to buy on the internet
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi

Many thanks for that.

Regards

Eberhard
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I guess you are referring to the mid grey canvas bag used by ambulance crew? If so, I am not aware of any replica's. If it is this bag I talk of, are you wanting to use this in a portrayal, as if so, it would only be appropriate if used in context.

The replica bag shown above would not normally be used by sani in the field and does not suit as a replica for the ambulance style bag.

Hope that helps, and I apologies if I have misinterpreted what your request is for.
Transferred to 17 Kompanie, Infanterie Regiment, Großdeutschland....
RZM

Post by RZM »

Some Sanis used artillery rucks.. simple two strap bag. With a flap and no pockets..sometimes a red cross stitched to the back..I've seen orinals and repros of this type of rucksack all over the net. The originals are about $150, the repros slightly less.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

RZM wrote:Some Sanis used artillery rucks.. simple two strap bag. With a flap and no pockets..sometimes a red cross stitched to the back..I've seen orinals and repros of this type of rucksack all over the net. The originals are about $150, the repros slightly less.
Yes, artillery rucksacks were used. Not the one pictured above. Original are very expensive. The last one I saw went for €1,200. A seemingly ridiculous price but anything is worth what someone is prepared to pay.
Transferred to 17 Kompanie, Infanterie Regiment, Großdeutschland....

Return to “Medics......”