SS sanitäter patch

Devoted to all that represent Medics etc..

Moderator: DAS MEDIC

Noily

Post by Noily »

There is an example here: http://www.germanmilitaria.com/WaffenSS ... 10252.html but it has been sold now.
I should think that it would not be overly difficult to make one or at least get one made if you know someone who embroiders, as it is a simple type design.
pzrwest

sani patch

Post by pzrwest »

Yes looks like a very simple thing to embroider things is if I did it it would probably come out too neet looking and not as jagged as that one. I needed a cpl signals blitz's had one so i copied it I also made my crossed anchor KM coastal shoulderboards as no one makes repros of them. Here are a few pics of my shoulderboards at different stages of hand embroidering them
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Harold,

You are too talented by fare, is there nothing you cant set your hands to

grenandes, wallets etc

the boards look excellent.

regards Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

pzrwest

what I can't do

Post by pzrwest »

Well lets put it this way when I went to school we were taught to think and figure out how something was done and then try and do the same thing. Also we learned practicle things. Also "lack of funds" is a great motivator .... lol. Since no one also makes rank cheverons for coastal arty I had to make those as well. I'll see if I can come up with an acceptable repro of the sani badge and then post the results here
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

I cant remember where I purchased the patch from -probably an indapendant dealer. But when I have time (in the next day or so) I can scan my SS Sani patch (the diamond and snake) into the computer for you if you like.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
pzrwest

needle work

Post by pzrwest »

Ok to start off I'm self taught. I look at how something is done then try and replicate it. The grey things are iron on pics of the insignia to be embroidered. No the needle holes don't weaken the material. Yes I would like a nice clear scan of the badge you can send it to my yahoo e-mail address pzrwest@yahoo.com will be better than the one from Collectors Guild
pzrwest

patches

Post by pzrwest »

If those are original my god they are crudely made I don't know if I can do crappy work like that mine will be much neater but I will give it a try. Thanks for the scans
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

This is the medicaly trained personnel (EM-NCO) patch. The one posted above by oli4vercammen is for Krankentrager or personnel of a lesser training.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
pzrwest

patch

Post by pzrwest »

That one I can do with no problem just the time to embroider it. Have to find some black wool material is all. I could do it on black felt but that wouldn't be right or stand up to wear and tear
RZM

Re: SS sanitäter patch

Post by RZM »

I just started hand embroidering things as certain insignia is a pain in the arsch to find. My first attempt was a totenkopf collar tab. Granted its not perfect,but isnt half shabby as skulls go. Right now im working on some cammo smock rank insignia. I have one of those god awful silk screened jobs people love to sell. Total farb. But...the design is there,so im embroidering it in green and black floss. Im going to be portrating a sani,so the sleeve diamond is on the agenda as well. (also made my sani armband.)
Your shoulderboards look fantastic man! You do incredibly neat work and id venture to say those are better than originals. I still need some improvement.But i enjoy learning new things and you know what they say about practice . :D
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."

Return to “Medics......”