Looking for recommendations for man-portable radio rigs

Discuss anything to do with communications here

Moderator: Feldjager

leicanthrope

Looking for recommendations for man-portable radio rigs

Post by leicanthrope »

My [German] unit is looking into purchasing a couple of man portable radios for field use, and I'm wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I've seen a few examples where people have scratch built units and ended up with great results, but ultimately we're looking for something that is as "plug and play" as possible. Also, we'd like to try to find something that can be carried and operated by a single individual (Feld Fu or Dorette, perhaps), as we only have two Funkers at the moment.

Any thoughts?
Stabsgefreiter Friedrich Lange
5./Gren-Rgt.916
f.knieriemen

Re: Looking for recommendations for man-portable radio rigs

Post by f.knieriemen »

Uhh - Plug and play... This might be a challenge! The only device which is nearly similar to WH gear and sometimes available in working mode is the RF11 Czech Army (=KlFuSpr Dorette).
Obviously you can get also working TornEb, Torn D or B type models but as those are original devices, price will be much higher...
I'm not aware of any 'repro', ready to use gear...
Other opinions welcome!
Cheers Fritze
leicanthrope

Post by leicanthrope »

For clarification, it doesn't have to be easily operable in it's original state, nor does it have to be original. A completely modern reproduction that looks accurate, and would allow for a FRS radio (or the equivalent) to be rigged up/concealed inside, would be ideal. The powers that be are just trying to avoid something that has to be built from scratch.
Stabsgefreiter Friedrich Lange
5./Gren-Rgt.916
askhati

Post by askhati »

Contact this guy:

http://home.online.no/~perchri/wehrm_foto.htm

He builds Feld Fu b radios to order - just the shell, but you can then easily install a PMR set inside.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"

Return to “Radio/signals”