Signals for living history battles

Discuss anything to do with communications here

Moderator: Feldjager

Pete Skillman

National Liv Hist Event.31st/1st and 2nd April 06

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Guys, I better jump in here. The scenario is OMG 1944, Swynnerton has a myriad of rds but all allies will be using just one from the start line (car park) going about a mile and half to the other end where the Brit AB boys will be sitting on and around the main bridge., on the way it passes cross roads,turnings and two very small bridges, so, 101st= cross roads ,need to be kept open
82nd= two bridges, obvious
Brit AB =top big bridge (Bailey)
Ground Force (GF) Link all groups up, and keep the road open (possibly impossible)
ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING, ITS ABOUT DOING IT CORRECTLY
The Axis troops.
You will be given sectors surrounding the main rd all the way up to the main bridge,so all you need to do is cut the road,knock out the AB troops and stop the main GF . so the phone will/should not be anywhere near allied size 10s kicking out your comms. Infact Ill make a rule that no tele wire is to be cut,might be MOD!!!!
I have asked R Underwood to be axis uniform adviseer so all will be happy when the car boot opens and all hell breaks loose with numpty kit coming out (Joke). This is invite only however so please recommend groups and i/we will look into it. but dont just invite all and sundry.cheers Pete

Return to “Radio/signals”