SS Soldbuch who can fill out the book correctly

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

Peiper

Re: SS Soldbuch who can fill out the book correctly

Post by Peiper »

gurowski wrote:
As i say i did not know the info about the stampings, i thought the the LAH stamp i had was an early one,
the other stamp is a Waffen Command stamp as i couldn't source any other type of LAH stamp these were all i could
find, but thanks for the advice, i will try again, after i find some decent ink stamps.

You wont find any, I had to have all my LAH unit stamps specially made for me to suit the 3rd KP of the LAH
Much appreciated for the heads up Gurowski and thanks to everyone who contributed advice and feedback

Regards Peiper
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

Hey piper,

Well done at trying to do your Soldbuch. I was on more websites than enough trying to find out how to fill it in and translating the book
to english to find out what everything ment. Even downloaded the fonts and old scripts and even bought olde worlde fountain pens, but still didnt have the nuts to do it, so i take my hat off to you. Chris Pittman work is fantastic ive seen books that he has done, he takes a lot of time and has done a lot of research. I contacted him but unfortunately he is too busy, hes up to his eyes at the minute but was good enough to put me onto someone else who could do the book for me, its away at the minute getting done. As soon as it comes back i'll post you up some pics. In reference to the link i sent you about the socks, they came today in the post. Brilliant - A1, these will not hurt your feet. Would recommend that you get some. On another note if you buy a bottle of metholated spirits and rube it on your feet in the morning and before you go to bed, it will toughen your little girly feet, cause you said socks hurt you (lol).

Regards

Jack
Chris Pittman

Post by Chris Pittman »

I have created a Yahoo e-mail group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WH-Schreibstube/, it is mostly aimed at reenactors who want to present an impression of a Schreiber or Hauptfeldwebel but I have also been presenting information that would be helpful for people wanting to fill out their own Soldbuch, including scans of originals with commentary and also tips on stuff like pens and ink. Maybe worth a look for anyone interested in the paperwork side of things.

Chris Pittman
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

hi chris just got my soldbuch back from sepp ,thanks for putting me in touch with him will post some pics of my book
your yahoo group is a grate idea ,thanks
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

this is my book i got filled out by sepp a friend of chris' it was very reasonably priced .its just a basic book
thanks for looking
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

sorry about the big pics ,i cant get my head around this up loading lark lol
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Very nice Jackjones :)
Just one query, as far as i know i always thought the I-D photograph ink stamps were
always top right and bottom left ??? you have them in reverse :?:
soldbuch vogel.jpg
soldbuch vogel.jpg (84.68 KiB) Viewed 12451 times
Regards Peiper
Chris Pittman

Post by Chris Pittman »

As is almost always the case with this sort of thing, there are endless variations and few if any absolute rules. The way Jack's book is done is the typical way but not the only way.
Attachments
post467.jpg
post467.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
post427.jpg
post427.jpg (201.48 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
post275.jpg
post275.jpg (236.63 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Cheers for that update Chris :wink:

Peiper
auswaffen

Post by auswaffen »

Good on you Pieper for having a crack at filling your own Soldbuch In. I my self have wanted to do this for a while now, but have been to scared that I will destroy my book in the process!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

auswaffen wrote:Good on you Pieper for having a crack at filling your own Soldbuch In. I my self have wanted to do this for a while now, but have been to scared that I will destroy my book in the process!
Cheers kamerad
Although as pointed out there are a few mistakes but will use this first time as a practice run,
its the only way to get the hang of it by having a stab at it lol, anyway will have another go
and try to iron out the wrinkles lol :wink:

Peiper
Ohmhagen

Post by Ohmhagen »

Hi anybody,

so, if you have questions about the Soldbuch, this side will be very helpfull:
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Sol ... uch/SB.htm
You will find each page of the Soldbuch with example and eplanations. You also can copy the empty pages and fill them in an programm like Photoshop with your own informations.
If you need the fonds like sütterlin, Propaganda or Kurrent, feel free to pm me your mailadress, i will send them.

Of course we can fill them with the correct writing style and also we have all the stamps (Stempel) we need, but it is to risky, to send a Soldbuch to or from germany, sorry.

Return to “Paperwork”