Experiences with Pocket Trash?

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

Ewald Koch

Experiences with Pocket Trash?

Post by Ewald Koch »

Hallo Kameraden!

Has anyone ordered Soldbuch or some other paperwork from Pocket Trash http://www.pockettrash.com/catalog/?

I am curious to hear any feedback or reviews of their products.
"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

SS-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 12
"Michael Gaißmair" re-enactors

Konzert-Meister

Re: Experiences with Pocket Trash?

Post by Konzert-Meister »

Hey,

Materials used are very good, only thing was the black ink on the cover scratched off quickly. Postal service wasnt great but I remember good communication and they sent a replacement out which I got eventualy. I also got some paperwork, including a K98/arms shooting card, which read 'K-98 ScheIss...', naturaly should be SchiEss. Now im not sure if its to stop them being sold as original or if its a terrible mistake!

cHEERs
Nathan
menju

Post by menju »

There are more such mistakes, I just had a good look on some products they have on their web site... and found an inscription "Oberkommando der Whermacht" on one of the documents... it should be Wehrmacht of course :roll:
Kriegsberichter des Heeres Obfw. Markus Moeschke> http://www.moeschke.estranky.sk/

96. Infanterie Division "Watzmann"
97. Jäger Division "Spielhahnjäger"
90. leichte Afrika-Division
Brigade Ramcke
OliverVU

Post by OliverVU »

I have bought from them recently, the corners of some documents came folded and creased. I have also found a spelling mistake on their Kleiner Wehrmachtfahrschein Teil 1 (Urlabuberverkehr)
I'll still buy from them, they have a great variety of items including some items that I haven't found for sale somewhere else
menju

Post by menju »

Last month I have ordered some stuff from them (around 30 dollars in total). They did not bother to answer my emails since... and I still did not get my items. I guess they think if I am from Europe, they can ignore me, which I find is not a very serious behavior.

EDIT: I got a message today... HOORAY! I hope everything will be fine... pfiuhhh 8)
Kriegsberichter des Heeres Obfw. Markus Moeschke> http://www.moeschke.estranky.sk/

Brigade Ramcke
OliverVU

Post by OliverVU »

more than a month after I placed my last order, I still hadn't received anything. After 2 mails of which they only answered the first one ("we'll look into it", but have heard nothing since) I have finally received my order. The date when it was shipped was after my second mail. :roll:
All their stuff have spelling mistakes, to prevent them from being sold as originals, oh stop flattering yourselves
menju

Post by menju »

I finally got the items I ordered, everything seems to be OK, there are no visible spelling mistakes. Items look nice, I am very satisfied, but it was very complicated to get the guys from PT to send them over.

Brigade Ramcke
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

OliverVU wrote:more than a month after I placed my last order, I still hadn't received anything. After 2 mails of which they only answered the first one ("we'll look into it", but have heard nothing since) I have finally received my order. The date when it was shipped was after my second mail. :roll:
All their stuff have spelling mistakes, to prevent them from being sold as originals, oh stop flattering yourselves
It seems I am not the only one then - as I posted on the Best repro soldbuchs thread I ordered $56 worth of papery goodness on 30th Oct, paid for by pay pal there and then, after nearly 3 weeks waiting still nothing I used their facebook PM facility and was told they thought it might be caught up in the flooded USPS mail centers in NY state after the Hurricane, I waited another week - still nothing, they told me a second package had already been despatched. On 30th Nov I e-mailed to complain and on the 31st he gave me a full pay-pal refund despite me saying I was prepared to give it another week (as you have 45 days to claim with Pay-pal).
Its the 15th Dec now and neither of the claimed posted parcels have arrived - and in all honesty what are the odds of 2 packages failing to be delivered - pretty slim. I have to say based on my experiences - AVOID apparent timewaster.

Cheers
Chris C
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi

Been reading this thread as had ordered stuff from pocket trash at the time of reading, so wanted to know a little about them. I bought items off of them in December and I decided to go on the offensive with them, soon after ordering as was expecting problems.

As suspected the items did not arrive as stated and I found that the way to get a prompt reply was to contact pocket trash via their Facebook page as it is more public which they don't want any bad PR. I was given the excuse that the storms in New York was causing the problem which was a load of rubbish as I have had mail from the us at the time which had got through ok and I stated that the storm had been weeks before and that the mail service was ok as I have had post from the US without any problems.

I pointed this out to them and they could not answer this. I was then told that another package had been sent which so far I have not received which I am now leading to believe that nothing has been sent in the first place.

From what I believe what I have read about pocket trash on here is that it is a hit and miss if you get the items you ordered.

Like I mentioned previous I went on the offensive not long after ordering as I was expecting problems which is what I got, so am not really surprised with the outcome so far, so if anyone out there who is thinking of buying stuff off of them, I suggest you save your money as the chances are you will not get it.

Regards

Nigel
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi

The items that I ordered in December finally turned up today.

Regards

Nigel
menju

Post by menju »

Congratulations, and I mean it! I remember myself waiting for my order, being anxious, pissed off, and depressed in turns...

Brigade Ramcke
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

I bought a soldbuch and a couple of other documents from them, i think it took 6weeks and one or two emails untill i got my stuff.

Everything looks nice though, i only know basic German, so i can't really tell if there are any spelling mistakes.
menju

Post by menju »

They are... quite a lot of them, but I guess it depends on what you have. I bought Einsatzbuch fuer Stabshelferinnen des Heeres, and there were many spelling mistakes. PK Ausweis was not as bad though.

Brigade Ramcke
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi guys

Thanks for that, think he might not want to post international now as that was the second lot of items he had sent to me and were lost. He mentioned that he had thought about stopping posting aboard but thought it not fair.

Don't think I will buy anything else off of pocket trash as don't think they are reliable enough. There always seems to be some excuse about items not reaching customers.

Regards

Nigel
menju

Post by menju »

The same thing for me, I would like to buy some more stuff, but now I will try to make those papers myself. I already am able to produce soldbuch for WH, LW and SS, and some other documents as well. Because of Pocket Trash being so damn unreliable :evil:

Brigade Ramcke

Return to “Paperwork”