Source for WW2 era paper?

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

Hustedt

Source for WW2 era paper?

Post by Hustedt »

Jungs,

I'm looking for a good source for paper smilair to that used for German Urkunden, promotion documents and regular type writing. So far, I haven't been able to find any.

Do any of you know a good source?
OliverVU

Re: Source for WW2 era paper?

Post by OliverVU »

Finding good paper is a big problem for me. All of the original documents that I reproduce for reenactment were made with recycled paper. Original paper also has a yellowish colour, but that's because of age. However, this doesn't mean that we can use bright white paper, but I don't like cream coloured paper either.

I am now using 2 paper types. The first is 'Skizzenblock Newspaper'. The problem with this paper is that it is not very durable, it bleeds if I write on it with dip pens and some fountain pens.
I also use Steinbeis classic white. It's also recycled, and had a lighter tone than the first one, so good to vary a bit in paper types. This ons is a bit more durable than the first, but still doesn't resist dip pens. Use this if you need to vary with more ink colours as this paper in my experience can resist more fountain pens than the first.

I am still looking for good recycled papers which are strong enough to take dip pens, it seems that they simply don't make quality anymore in the 21th century. I'm also looking for recycled paper of 120 or 160 grams thickness.
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

I custom order all my paper through GF Smith. However you are looking at a minimum of around £100 spend.
Kriegsberichter und Felddrucker der Wehrmacht
Hustedt

Post by Hustedt »

Thank you for your replies guys! Guess I have to do more research then.. ;)
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

I just go to the stationary shop, buy some thinner paper and cut them myself. You can still buy typewrite paper at some places and that's the stuff you want. Won't bleed as some other types of paper will when you write on it with a quill or by, naturally, using a typewriter.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54

Return to “Paperwork”