Nuremburg

Places you have visited,recommend etc.
Baumer12

Nuremburg

Post by Baumer12 »

Just got back from Nuremburg last weekend with some of the other lads from KP1 and have to say what a cracking weekend. Beer, food, beer, architecture, beer, rally site......... oh and beer. Got to stand on the same ground as some of the most infamous (or is that famous) men of the 20th century. But for those of you who are thinking of going be warned we noticed that new fence posts have been put up around the zepplin field podium so it looks like they are going to fence it off like everything else. On top of that there is a satellite dish on the lower wall and a workshop inside, whatever next.

Will try and get some pics up but my mate Jim might be better at that.

Paul.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Heh!
The Satellite dish belongs to the Company I work for! Under it is a room full of comms kit It hasn't been very well "cleaned" and some of the painted signs are very "pereiod" shall we say!!!!

Glad you enjoyed Nuremberg It can be a trial getting there sometimes (groans) Out of interest - what was the beer of choice? :wink:
Jim

Post by Jim »

While there i must say the Dunkel Beer was my tipple along with lots of Vodka
Baumer12

Beer

Post by Baumer12 »

Not sure of the names of the beers because we tried a few but have to say didn't come across a bad one because the Germans do the beer thing so well. Oh and Jim the with the size of the shots you were drinking lots doesn't really cover it.

Paul.

p.s. Fwbl you say the satellite dish belongs to the company you work for so answer me this...... what are the wages like in Odessa these days and are there any jobs going?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

:lol: Do you mean Odessa Texas? as the company is also now in the American market.
Odessa in the Ukraine?

Or Odessa the organisation :shock: ?
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

I'd just like to add that not all Scharfuhrers from Kp1 went on this shindig as I was working. I heard Johnson also didn't go as he too is pussy whipped.................oh, hang on, I mean he was working like me I mean :oops:
Baumer12

Post by Baumer12 »

I think you know what I mean Fwbl Dollman, nudge nudge wink wink, how are Uncle Addy and the boys these days by the way? :wink:

Paul.

p.s. Sorry Heeder how selfish of us to only give you 10 months notice of the inpending trip :( , maybe if you ask your wife nicely now you could come to Detling in 2008. lol :P
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Baumer12 wrote: maybe if you ask your wife nicely now you could come to Detling in 2008. lol :P

OUCH!! :mrgreen: :lol: hehehe.... mussssst..... behave....
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Adam
You've got such a neck....
Your mum wouldn't let you go you tart. Still you can go to Beltring on a tank this year. Or will Mr Harris say its to dirty and noisy?
All the best
Der Spiess
(whose missus knows her place) :D
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

Oh, I wondered when you'd surface. Welcome to the forum Paul. Stick around, you might learn something!

Saw some archive of Gaddaffi last night in his dress uniform. At last, someone with more medals than you!
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Whose this Grenadier Heeder bloke
I thought you were Reichs fuhrer these days Mr Harris?
All der best :D
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I'm there now, had a good wander round in the rain today. Some nice looking buildings, mostly re-built post war.

Return to “Places of interest.”