Technik Museum in Sinsheim

Places you have visited,recommend etc.
barryG

Technik Museum in Sinsheim

Post by barryG »

Been to this twice, its a massive museum on the A6 autobahn near Heilbronn. Amongst hundreds of georgeous classic cars, trains, planes etc is a very large German WW2 display. Theyve got Kubels, Schwimmwagens, Tanks, Guns, loads of aircraft like He111, Ju52, FW190, Me109, Ju88 etc, Opel Blitz etc etc. Some is laid out in a desert scene and its just awesome. Fair bit of uniform and insignia too. In the classic car display is one of AH Mercedes, and Himmlers plus one of the six wheel drive mercedes too, all in pristine condition. Theres also a smaller museum in Speyer just down the road which is worth a visit too but not as large.
The first time we went they were playing the Horst Wessel song too, which was kind of scary!

If your on a trip by road to Nuremburg its well worth a visit, you cant miss it from the A6 as there is an Air France Concorde and a Tupolev pointing skywards :D
JONV1969

Re: Technik Museum in Sinsheim

Post by JONV1969 »

This sounds like a really great place to visit !
" A squid eating dough in a polyethalene bag is fast and bulbous, got me ? "
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

I use to drive pass this musium a lot in the truck but never got weekended there. Have they just got the Air France concorde, i know they had the Russian copy Topolev TU144. Just driving past is good to see some of the BIG outside items.
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

barryG wrote:Theres also a smaller museum in Speyer just down the road which is worth a visit too but not as large.
The first time we went they were playing the Horst Wessel song too, which was kind of scary!
That's most remarkable as the Horst Wessel lied is a forbidden song in Germany and therefore illegal to be played in public.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group

Return to “Places of interest.”