much to see in Danzig?

Places you have visited,recommend etc.
Riedmuller

much to see in Danzig?

Post by Riedmuller »

Has anyone been? im thinking of going over early next month and wonderd if there was much to see around the city itself, how easy is it to get about? Also i have been told there are shooting ranges there you can live fire AK47s can anyone tell me if you have to book in advance? is there more of a selection? MG42 mp44 ect? and how much?
also what will the bars be like? cant go and not try the local nightlife and beer ;)
Otto Kohl

Re: much to see in Danzig?

Post by Otto Kohl »

I live in Gdańsk ( Danzig ) since i was born. What can i say , beautiful city, wonderful old town, not so beautiful like before the war but it still worth seeing. How long you intend to stay ? in order to do realy good tour in gdańsk it is necessary to have at least 3 - 4 days . Unfortunetly there is no possibility to shoot MG-42 in Gdańsk , AK-47 , P08 are available.

If you want to move by car, unfortunately we have huge traffic jams at the moment due to road works in whole city.
Riedmuller

Post by Riedmuller »

Otto Kohl wrote:I live in Gdańsk ( Danzig ) since i was born. What can i say , beautiful city, wonderful old town, not so beautiful like before the war but it still worth seeing. How long you intend to stay ? in order to do realy good tour in gdańsk it is necessary to have at least 3 - 4 days . Unfortunetly there is no possibility to shoot MG-42 in Gdańsk , AK-47 , P08 are available.

If you want to move by car, unfortunately we have huge traffic jams at the moment due to road works in whole city.
Thanks for the reply otto
i was thinking about going from thursday to sunday/monday so about 3-4 days is there much to do with the war about? how do you go about shooting a p08-AK47? do you have to book in advance? how much, can you choose the weapon you want to fire from a list?
and i doubt i will get a car as i dont trust myself driving in another contry! is the train bus system easy to use?
P.S just had a look on your website and your gruppe looks excellent! there many events on around gdansk?? will have to have a look
Otto Kohl

Post by Otto Kohl »

Yes we have trams , and city trains system they work quite efficiently . In shooting ranges it is necessary to ask for bookings a week in advance .

kal.9 mm PARA - pistols : Glock 17, Glock 19, H&K USP Expert, Mag 98,
kal.9 mm Makarov - P-83, machine pistol PM 63 - Rak,
kal..357 Magnum - revolver Rossi,
kal.7,62x39 - assault gun AK 47 Kałasznikow ,
kal.7,62x25 - pistols : TT, CZ 52,
kal.12/70 - shotguns : Bock Iż 27, Mossberg

Offer of one of shooting ranges .

Unfortunately in surroundings of Gdańsk reenactments are very occasionally :x in the near future there is nothing.

Thx, we are planning soon tp load English-speaking version on our website.

Return to “Places of interest.”