Munich

Places you have visited,recommend etc.
Gunter

Munich

Post by Gunter »

Ah Munchen! What a place! When we went on our honeymoon and again five years later it was bloody hot both times. What better place to go then to the Hofbrau Haus for a nice cool one. Plenty of antique shops to look at as well. Good Roman museum there too, only it was closed when we went. Try the Olympic Stadium, especially the tower!!!
Formerly of GD Recon.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Munich is superb! I strongly advise hiring a car and driving around. Salzburg is a couple of hours away, So is the Eagle's Nest. Inssbruck is a short drive, Obersalzburg, Berchtsgartnerland - The Austrian Alps are breathtaking as you round a corner on teh A-Bahn and the road drops away down a long, straight hill.... in front of you is a range of mountains...... I tell you what - I'll pop a quick site up on our webspace and give you the link..... Give me an hour or so......

I'll sell you Munich completely!
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Knew you would! I remember you talking passionately about Munich at Ashby. Ah! The memories. Stood on the Feldherrnhalle monument while Janine took a photo almost exactly on the spot where Hitler stood in one of the photographs I've seen, scarey.
Formerly of GD Recon.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Ha ha!
I'm uploading the very same photo but minus people..... Was going to use it for a Third Reich Spot the Ball competition!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Ive asked Em to put the link up in our members area.
Ive uploaded 200 of the 348 so far!
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

ok chaps all done in members section.

Fwb Dollman ill do anymore if you need me to

em.xx

Latest version

Post by Guest »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Ive asked Em to put the link up in our members area.
I think that installing the latest version might help and do not forget to do its updates.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Dear Guest - What are you on about? The website was done and removed months ago..... What latest version of what? and Which updates? are you mad?
AryanSuperman

Post by AryanSuperman »

Ah yes, Munich, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg.... I've been to them all and can heartily recommend a visit.

Don't forget to visit the 'Museum of German Art', as it was once called, in Munich. That's where Arno Breker's masterpices were once stored.
Ist es ein Vogel, ist es ein Flugzeug? Nein, ist es 'Aryansuperman!'
Lotila

Post by Lotila »

Too early...

Return to “Places of interest.”