Netherlands

Places you have visited,recommend etc.
jonnyb-1

Netherlands

Post by jonnyb-1 »

Hi everyone, i was in the netherlands in Arnhem and Wolfeheze and Oss, the best place was a small museum, in Arnhem, the guy taking us around was not so interested in the german stuff and i was able to tell him things that he never knew! :wink: , so after that i said i wanted to speak to the manager, he came up and i said to him anything for sale, they had a small shop selloing helmets and dog tags. the usal stuff then i said is that it, he told me to follow him into a garage just a small walk from the shop , he opened the door and everything from Nebelwefers to Kubels, and a stack of helmets to the roof all SS marked and every relic that was possibile to find from lugers to boots and 109 relics, and the best thing was EVERYTHING WAS FOR SALE so i took into the helmets and bought a few and then he showed me a luger collection from relic holsters but inside them a perfect pistol!!! he was selling relic K98s from 50 euro, stg44s and mg42s and may i add box full of iron crosses in relic condition FOR 10 euro!!! . I wanted to buy an Mg42 relic never touched(the barrel could still pop out) for 200 euro but i would not like to see my mum when i came home with it!! :( so i never bought it !! When we were walking out the guy that owned MD Militaria was there a nice guy called Dion, he has a MASSIVE collection and tons of stuff for sale on his website (http://www.mdmilitaria.com) he has alot of high end stuff!!

Here guys if anyone is going to Arnhem dont go without seing that guys collection , as the garage shop would not be open to the public ask him to take you to it!!

JB

ps. If anyone has this guys number pass it to me !! i want to go back!
i forgot to get his card :cry:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

You need to be very very careful buying any firearms related stuff in Europe to bring back to UK, not sure how it is in Ireland but I would say MG42 barrel alone is a no-no...!

Here you are looking at possible 5 year sentence for anything considered 'live' such as barrel, even a rusty one... :shock:
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
svdwal

Post by svdwal »

Could you please send me the Name of the museum or even a addres?
I'm living quite near to Arnhem, and am even working for a museum near Arnhem, but i never heard of it.
Hope to hear from you,

Sjoerd
Supplier of quality german re-enactment uniforms, insignia and equipment.
See our website http://www.panzerknacker.nl

Return to “Places of interest.”