Questions about repro equipment.>?!?

Moderator: Tanaka

Freebooter

Questions about repro equipment.>?!?

Post by Freebooter »

Hello all,
This may sound stupid, but I got a repro Japanese helmet from Stewart's which came with a net. How in the world do you put it on the helmet?!? I keep trying, but it slides or pulls off on the other side.

Another thing, I ordered a complete army belt set from IMA and an oil bottle from Stewarts. Both are very well made but my oil bottle will not fit into the straps on the side of the rear pouch where it is supposed to go. Either the bottle is too big or the little straps or pouch is too small. Any ideas or info?
Thanks,
Freebooter
One Shot, One Kill!
Tanaka

Re: Questions about repro equipment.>?!?

Post by Tanaka »

Can't give you any specific tips on getting the net on other than keep trying, its always a right fiddly job, if its any helps heres how the net should end up

The problem with the belt set is the straps are too small, i have 2 sets, ones the same as yours and the others from Nakata and the size difference between the straps is very obvious
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

Thanks. I finally got it on last night. I ran that string that runs all the way around the bottom edge of the net through those rings inside the helmet, then pulled it tight and tied it and now it is on my helmet. Looks great too.
Dave
One Shot, One Kill!
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

Hello again,
As for the oil bottle and its resting place on the cartridge box being too small, I will take it to work and get an inmate to redo the little straps that hold the oil bottle in place.
Thanks,
FB
Alabama
One Shot, One Kill!
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

Hello again,
Yep, I got an inmate in the Hobby Craft shop (I am a Correctional Officer in an Alabama State Prison) to redo those straps for me and now my oil bottle is nestled right in its little rig where it belongs. I think that is a sharp looking belt rig, especially with my original bayonet (in a repro frog).
Later,
Freebooter
One Shot, One Kill!

Return to “Japanese Weapons and Equipment”