Feldherrnhalle Korps or "Waffen-SA"

Share info on real historical units

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

Bill Medland

Re: Feldherrnhalle Korps or "Waffen-SA"

Post by Bill Medland »

Thanks for your support on this thread, I will post a list of Knight Cross holders of the FHH later.

Willi
geoffpara

Post by geoffpara »

Very interesting topic Willi. Hope you find time to post some more on a subject I knew only very little about.

Geoff
andy d

Post by andy d »

It's strange but I had always wondered what happened to the large body of men that made up the SA in the war years.
This looks like a very interesting topic, and I will read it with great interest.
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Nice info!!! Do you have any information regarding members of the SA-Feldherrnhalle transfering to Fallschirmjager in late 1944? I have read that I/Fjr2 recieved so many new recruits from this SA unit that they were permitted to wear the 'Feldherrnhalle' cuff title. I have also seen some Fj veteran pics of him being sent to the SA to train them in or to be parachute qualified. In fact there is a very nice pic of the group (about 10 men) in SA uniform with FJ badges?

Paul
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

paulmfjr2 wrote:Nice info!!! Do you have any information regarding members of the SA-Feldherrnhalle transfering to Fallschirmjager in late 1944? I have read that I/Fjr2 recieved so many new recruits from this SA unit that they were permitted to wear the 'Feldherrnhalle' cuff title. I have also seen some Fj veteran pics of him being sent to the SA to train them in or to be parachute qualified. In fact there is a very nice pic of the group (about 10 men) in SA uniform with FJ badges?

Paul
Paul it would seem that the FHH unit went full circle between 1940 and 1944.

Let me explain this statement, during 1939-40 a Fallschirmjäger company was formed from SA Brownshirt volunteers to help
stock-up the new Fallschirmjäger regiments. This came about due to Görings connections to the SA, he was formerly an SA
leader before he formed the Luftwaffe. It was when this "SA-Fallschirm" company was increased to battalion level that it
was removed from the Luftwaffe and became the "Feldherrnhalle" units. Indeed as a battalion they joined the 22nd Inf.Div.
which as we know was the only Wehrmacht "Air Landing" division. This all suggests that some of the members of FHH had
Fallschirmjäger connections, which answers your question about why FHH men were transfered to the Fallschirmjäger in 1944.

Mit Kameradengruß, Willi.
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

I think some years ago I read in the Charles Whiting book Northwind, elements of Feldherrenhalle were involved in the January 45 offensive in the Alsace Lorraine. I believe against the Leclercs free french 3rd armoured? I think they had Koenigstiger panzerjaegers.

Will you be revealing anything about this?

Cheers
Chris C
BRA GUS
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote

Return to “Units - history and information”