SS -Standarte Kurt Eggers

Share info on real historical units

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

Franz repper

SS -Standarte Kurt Eggers

Post by Franz repper »

SS-Standarte Kurt Eggers was formed in the January of 1940 ,It was first to be known as the SS-Krigsberichter Kompanie it was to be the Perent unit of the SS-Krigsberichter its members were to be assigned to the 4 SS units in the low countries and France,and the Balkans
The unit was to see anther change in the August of 1941 when it was upgraded to Battalion size and was now known as SS-Krigsberichter Abetilung it was to expand to regimental size in 1943
The regimental name comes from Kurt Eggers who was the former editor of the SS Magazine Das Schwarze KorpsEggers was serving with the Wiking Div when he was killed in action in 1943 near Kharkov
This unit was a all volunteer unit with many foreign voluteers who would normaly be with there National formation,
On the front line
2 items for taking shots
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tychsen

Re: SS -Standarte Kurt Eggers

Post by Tychsen »

Thank you Franz , a unit of whom I knew nothing until now. :)
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Just curious on the average age if you know... these look like early teens at best.

Kel
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Super post Franz , If I may I will add to your post .
The man behind the SS Kriegsberichter Kompanie was Gunter d'Alquen .Gunter was born in Essen on 24.10.1910 and died on 15.5.1998 .Gunter joined the SS on 10 Appril 1931 and within three years was a SS Hauptsturmfuhrer . In March 1935 he was appointed Editor of Das Schwarze Korps by Himmel .He held this position until the was ended .
In January 1940 the SS Kriegsberichter Kompanie was established by Gunter to repost on the SS soldiers in action . This Kompanie contained many non Germans .
In 1990 I had the pleasure to meet Gunter at his home , I will post some of these photos in due course as well as Gunter's EK1 and Gold Party Badge.
Also I met one of the most famous of all the SS Kriegsberichters , this was Wilfried Woscidlo who served in Russia and Normandy .Some of the most famous photos of the L.A.H. and H.J. fighting in Normandy '44 were taken by him .Again I will post a nice signed photo that I got from Wilfried in due course.
I hope this will add a little to your post Franz .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Very lucky of you to have met d'Alquen! :o

Can you perhaps post any information about berichters that you got, as it's quite hard to find much information in either books or on the internet.

I can btw. recomend the new book about Frans Roth by Charles Trang. Many good photos, informative captations, and a little bit of information about Roth and berichters in general.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

The names Cooper and Cowie usually turn up in these stories about the unit late on in the war, Cooper definitely had a connection, But did H. Cowie?
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Now gentlemen here are the photos of Gunter d'Alquen and Wilfried Woscidol that I promised you .Note the way Gunter's Gold Party badge is attached to his EK1 , this is very rare and I have never before seen this .I took this photo at Gunter's home .I also may have some material that Gunter gave me about his career , if i can find it , I will post it .
Sadly I have nothing on Wilfried , I met him at a HJ Regiment reunion many years ago in Germany .He was a very nice guy from what I remember but now sadly he too has passed away.
Attachments
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg (66.19 KiB) Viewed 6308 times
Gunther's Iron Cross.jpg
Gunther's Iron Cross.jpg (37.77 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
Gunther D'A.jpg
Gunther D'A.jpg (38.32 KiB) Viewed 6299 times

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group

Return to “Units - history and information”