21 Pz Div

Share info on real historical units

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

What happened to all the other groups of the Northern WW2 association??, has there been a split already as ive heard some of the groups have contact members of our group asking if they can attend some of our events?
Also had a phone call rfrom a film student our number was past on from Fort Paull asking if he could interview us as we were attending the Easter event there which was 1st i had heard about it, i told him that the NWW2A were attending not us this year, but he said the event had it that you were also coming. :shock: :roll:

Im not having ago im just wondering as if the association has split up and events may be left in the learch we may be able to help if they dont clash.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It seems the NWW2A has its own domain name now but the site is still very hit and miss and needs some finishing touches..... (much like their Marder I suspect) OOOO! Miaow!

I think we will be seeing quite a bit of the 8.Rgt GD boys who look and sound like a solid bunch of guys.... Don't know about the others...... Be too busy looking for gigs in sandpits I suspect.... Not very hot up North and with the anti SS bias their Fuhrer has they won't find many shows they can attend without our heroes in Oakleaf being present!!!!

http://www.nww2a.co.uk/

If anyone want to browse.... Maybe recommend a good chell specker to the webmaster (or is it Webb Master?)

I also have a question for freund Vinny should he/she return.....

8. Rgt GD -
In my books (I know Vinny is fond of books) it lists up to 5 Battalions of 1 Regiment in GD...

I have their OOB as
Infanterie Regiment Grossdeutschland - March 1942

Stab der Regiment

First Battalion (I./Inf Rgt Grossdeutschland)

1.Kompanie

2.Kompanie

3.Kompanie

4.(MG) Kompanie

Schwere Kompanie

Second Battalion (II./Inf Rgt Grossdeutschland)

5.Kompanie

6.Kompanie

7.Kompanie

8.(MG) Kompanie

Schwere Kompanie

Third Battalion (III./Inf Rgt Grossdeutschland)

9.Kompanie

10.Kompanie

11.Kompanie

12.(MG) Kompanie

Schwere Kompanie

Fourth Battalion (IV./Inf Rgt Grossdeutschland)

13.(Light Infantry Gun) Kompanie

14.(Panzerjäger) Kompanie

15.(Heavy Infantry Gun) Kompanie

16.(Sturmgeschütz) Kompanie

Fifth Battalion (V./Inf Rgt Grossdeutschland)

17.(Aufklärungs) Kompanie

18.(Pionier) Kompanie

19.(Nachrichten) Kompanie

20.(FlaK) Kompanie

Artillery Battalion 400

Supply Column 400

Workshop Company
and later as

Panzergrenadier Division Grossdeutschland October 1943

Stab der Division

Grenadier-Regiment Großdeutschland

Füsilier-Regiment Großdeutschland

Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment Großdeutschland

Heeres-FlaKartillerie Abteilung Großdeutschland

Panzerjäger-Abteilung Großdeutschland

Panzer-Aufklärungs AbteilungGroßdeutschland

Panzer-Regiment Großdeutschland

Sturmpionier-Battalion Großdeutschland

Sturmgeschütz-Battalion Großdeutschland

Nachrichten-Battalion Großdeutschland

Medical Battalion Großdeutschland

So is the number 8 a Kompanie Number/ In which case the lads would be displaying as II Battailon and they would be the MG Kompanie.... A very good portrayal as it would mean they could display the heavy weaponry so often underlooked.....

This is most definitely NOT a criticism by the way it is an observation and hopefully information that will bring this unit out of the shadows and into the light to display alongside the rest of us. Tjus adding more colour and variety to our hobby. I don't believe anyone does an MG company at present.....
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Kurt
The machine gun company breaks down into:
Headquarters
3 machine gun platoons
1 medium platoon

Each machine gun platoon has 2 sections of 2 heavy machine guns each,

Further information related to this is as follows

In the German Panzer Grenadier Division, each of the 2 panzer grenadier regiments is composed of the following units:

Regimental headquarters
Headquarters company
3 panzer grenadier battalions
13th company (infantry howitzer)
14th company (antitank)
Light infantry column
The panzer grenadier battalion, according to previous information, consists of:

Battalion headquarters, with communication section
3 rifle companies
1 machine gun company and the battalion trains.
The rifle company breaks down into:
Company headquarters
3 platoons
Antitank rifle section
Each platoon breaks down into:
Platoon headquarters
4 squads
1 light mortar section, each squad having:
1 light machine gun

N.B. the medium mortar platoon having 3 sections of two 81-mm mortars each.

Can you imagine having the kit and men to field a proper MG Kompanie???? can you?
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

"It seems the NWW2A has its own domain name now but the site is still very hit and miss and needs some finishing touches..... (much like their Marder I suspect) OOOO! Miaow! "

very amusing, unfortunatly we wont be paying a visit to Beltring, we dont afford such large sponsorship deals with big companys like Maglite.

meow......

such a teacher of "keeping topics on track" i see its getting its fair "dose of the dalby"....
Last edited by Vinny on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Jon Das Reich wrote:What happened to all the other groups of the Northern WW2 association??, has there been a split already as ive heard some of the groups have contact members of our group asking if they can attend some of our events?
Also had a phone call rfrom a film student our number was past on from Fort Paull asking if he could interview us as we were attending the Easter event there which was 1st i had heard about it, i told him that the NWW2A were attending not us this year, but he said the event had it that you were also coming. :shock: :roll:

Im not having ago im just wondering as if the association has split up and events may be left in the learch we may be able to help if they dont clash.
Jon, not sure whos going, and i dont know anything about a split, maybe contact Fort Paull..?
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:I see the website of 21 Pz Dib has changed again.... Now it's no longer advertising the NWWII Association but just the Potted Palm Brigade -erm - sorry - Afrika Korps!

Web site will be nice when it's finished - Lots of dead links etc. Lots of spellos too..... I'm looking forward to seeing a nice DAK exhibition at Beltring this year..... With a Marder on it..... Might be letting the cat out of the bag but it might have a bit of competition with a certain Jagdpanther making an appearance!!! Good old 411!
old news.................. :lol:
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Vinny wrote:"It seems the NWW2A has its own domain name now but the site is still very hit and miss and needs some finishing touches..... (much like their Marder I suspect) OOOO! Miaow! "

very amusing, unfortunatly we wont be paying a visit to Beltring, we dont afford such large sponsorship deals with big companys like Maglite.

meow......
How does someone afford a sponsorship? I thought that was the whole point....to be sponsored :? And further, how can one 'dont afford' something? Is that to say you cant afford to do it? (If so how come? Not generating enough money in club funds?) Or that you wont shell out?
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I see Vinny has cracked...... Seeing things that aren't there - Always thinking they are being attacked..... If you take the time I can show you how to get some sponsorhip..... :wink:

Sad that people hide behind funny names and pop in to snipe and address their issues....

Up to press no one has slagged this particular group - I can only see helpful suggestions to people with a supposed common interest...... I mean - we're all here to get better aren't we? Apart from thsoe anti social numpties who can't get on with anyone....

Don't demonise me just to ease your own conscience and please keep the petty slagging for other less enlightened forums......

So - if you've nothing constructive to post - don't post please - and certainly don't get yourself into hot water with personal attacks..... it just isn't worth it in the long run...... :wink:
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Vinny wrote:
Jon Das Reich wrote:What happened to all the other groups of the Northern WW2 association??, has there been a split already as ive heard some of the groups have contact members of our group asking if they can attend some of our events?

Jon, not sure whos going, and i dont know anything about a split, maybe contact Fort Paull..?
Cheers its just news i heard via the reneactment grapevine we we suppose to attend fort paull this year but the event said that they had booked yoursleves and if we wanted to ado an event later in the year, then i had a phone call saying we suppose to be attending this easter :roll:
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

(checks back and see at what point the post decided to go off-track and unconstructive, ah yes there it is, ive singled out myself as been 100% responsible)

Jon, i sent a message to Fort Paull, the nww2a are still attending this weekend, and i checked fort paulls event list and it mentions a date later this year, world war two, maybe this is the one the guy got confused with, and nww2a event list doesn't mention dates in that month.

Return to “Units - history and information”