Swiss medical units in russia

Share info on real historical units

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

missyd

Swiss medical units in russia

Post by missyd »

You may think that switzerland was never involved in the war in russia?
Wrong!
There where red cross nurses und doctors who thought they would go on a humanitarian mission to russia and where forced to work for the german forces there. As usual the swiss authorities denied everything afterwards.

On the official page of this documentary is an english version of the story.....

MISSION IN HELL

I have this documentary on DVD. Some nurses still do not like to speak about it as they where forced under oath never to tell about this mission in hell.

I also have a book called "Schweizer Ärzte an der Ostfront" (Swiss doctors on the eastern front). Its a medical book where doctors of these "humanitarian mission" describe how to operate and cure the wounded soldiers.
The swiss army was very happy with these 'humanitarian missions". The swiss army medical corps had absolutely no knowledge who to operate and cure battlefield injuries. So they send doctors to the eastern front under the disguise of the "red cross humanitarian mission" .....
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
SchnellMeyer

Re: Swiss medical units in russia

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Great post missyd , most interesting .Is it possible to buy a copy of this DVD and where could I get it ??
I also also possible that maybe some of the medical staff volunteered for this work , just like in Norway when some nurses served with the Wiking Division in Russia .Would love to know more , well done again.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
JB--06

Post by JB--06 »

Brilliant post would love a futher read

Regards
Jb
missyd

Post by missyd »

Couldn't find an english seller for this dvd.

All persons where volonteers. Nurses thought they would go and help the germans, russians, jews, local people etc etc
Not shure about the doctors ... they wanted to go to help and shurely to learn more about the field hospital operation techniques ....

No, I don't think it was like in norway. In Switzerland, serving the wehrmacht, SS, Luftwaffe etc is treason/high treason and will be punished with the death penalty (or at least a couples of years in jail).

Serving in war with the allies was not punished at all .... there are no statistic numbers how many swiss men/women served the allies ....

DVD for sale:
amazon.de

1Advd.ch
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo

Return to “Units - history and information”