Lancaster replica in NZ

ww2 and reenacting sites of interest.
West-Front

Lancaster replica in NZ

Post by West-Front »

A World War II Lancaster bomber is causing a stir at Masterton aerodome

A small Masterton aerodome is gaining nationwide attention as it hides a replica of a World War II bomber called a Lancaster, to be used in Peter Jackson’s remake of the classic Dambusters movie. The film’s makers were attempting to keep the replica a secret but word has leaked out to the locals.

“I've seen the odd plane skidding around and they have helicopters,” says resident Paul Haustein.“I presume they are part of the filming crew and you often see the bi-planes floating around the sky.”While there have been no official statements, 3 News believes the plane is one of 10 designed by Weta Workshop and manufactured in China.

The bomber was brought out to test new digital technology which will help bring the remake of the 1955 film to life.The Dambusters was originally directed by Michael Anderson and is based on the true story of the technological break-through which allowed Lancaster bombers to drop highly advanced bombs in German dams..

http://www.3news.co.nz/News/Secret-leak ... fault.aspx
Sean

Re: Lancaster replica in NZ

Post by Sean »

Looks good, and I cannot wait to see the film. I admit I'm not the most knowledgable in regards to aircraft but I cant wait for all the rivet counters to come out and start moaning about the inaccuracies. :lol:
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too

Return to “Internet and links”