Musikkorps Swallows nest

Moderator: Feldjager

franz20

Musikkorps Swallows nest

Post by franz20 »

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be pursuing a Musikkorps impression next. I am trying to figure out in particular, what swallows nest would be accurate.

I've seen the post-war ones with 9 stripes in silver tress in a variety of colors. I've also found "wartime" ones with a black backing and white stripes, both made of a similar fabric material.

Is the tress post-war version closest? Or would the white and black striped one be correct?

I'm trying to figure out what a Heeresmusikkorps would be wearing.

Any helpful information and links towards the furthering of this impression would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Frank
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: Musikkorps Swallows nest

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

This has already been more or less discussed in the Marschmusik section. Just to let you know.

Anyway, post war are close but not quite the same, you need proper repros (only privately made) or originals. Luckily, most repros are in very good condition as they are sturdy. The black backing is for, you guessed it, Waffen SS and often they had a slant to the tress unlike the Heer version which is straight. An original pair will cost you between €80 to €140 depending not on the condition, but the branch. Infantry being the most expensive, Jäger next in line. Artillery is the cheapest. SS go for about €120.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
franz20

Re: Musikkorps Swallows nest

Post by franz20 »

My apologies, I hadn't seen the MarchMusik section. But thanks for the information. I will continue my hunt.

Frank

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”