steppe people militia unit

abc123

steppe people militia unit

Post by abc123 »

Comrades! Here is an interesting pic. This was put up on a Soviet forum by Sasha (he is on here and I don't think he would mind me using it).

These are wermacht militia women. I am trying to remember what unit they are attached to though, so maybe you guys can help me. This photograph (I am about 90% certain) was taken in northern italy in 1944 and they are the same ethnic group as my little terror weapon.

So can anybody help me with the actual unit. The german elements of siad unit also had the same kinjal (dagger badge) but theirs was pinned onto the side of their ski caps. Any ideas?

The ribbon itself is either green, red or blue depending on the sub-unit.

Kononov1941

Re: steppe people militia unit

Post by Kononov1941 »

abc123 wrote:

So can anybody help me with the actual unit. The german elements of siad unit also had the same kinjal (dagger badge) but theirs was pinned onto the side of their ski caps. Any ideas?

The ribbon itself is either green, red or blue depending on the sub-unit.

Sonderverband Bergman; formed from the Caucasus mountain region, of
Georgians and a smattering of other ethnic groups (possibly Ossetians).
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy the fear of retaliation.
axis88

Post by axis88 »

on it foto soviet bataillon of Garibaldi brigade. They wear red stripe on her papacha. One from they wear Kindjal of Btl. Bergmann on it stripe. They aren't pro axis vol's.
Kononov1941

Post by Kononov1941 »

axis88 wrote:on it foto soviet bataillon of Garibaldi brigade. They wear red stripe on her papacha. One from they wear Kindjal of Btl. Bergmann on it stripe. They aren't pro axis vol's.
I disagree; the stripe is PROBABLY green or blue, and since the one woman wears the Sonderverband Bergman kindzhal emblem, as well as the weapons and camouflage garment being German, I would say that they ARE in fact German Heer members of the Sonderverband, fighting communists.
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy the fear of retaliation.

Return to “Third Reich Foreign volunteers”