Skijager Battalion Norge

Markus

Skijager Battalion Norge

Post by Markus »

Hello

I'm trying to put together an SS Skijager Norge uniform and was wondering if anyone could help me/point me in the right direction with a couple of questions.

I've been doing quite a bit of research but I'm not sure if this battalion actually wore the the SS Edelweiss badge on the right arm. I've read that they wore the Edelwiess cap badge on the opposite side (wright) but can anyone confirm this.

I have information about them wearing Norwegian shields, as well as sun wheel or lion collar tabs but can't find any info around the Edelwiess. I want to make sure I get this right so can anyone help please.

Mark (JST)
"For the Germans the toilet is a mundane and functional item, but for the British it is the basis of an entire culture."
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Hi Markus try out the following links
http://www.frontkjemper.com/
http://www.kolumbus.fi/edu.koskinen/index.htm

As far as I know they had the standard SS runes and the Edelweiss was When worn on the left
ImageImageImageImageImage
Markus

Post by Markus »

Hello Franz

Thanks for the reply, realy helpful.

On the collar patches, I've seen pictures of them wearing SS runes, the sun wheel and lion, but I'm guessing that most of them wore runes.

Thanks for your help.
"For the Germans the toilet is a mundane and functional item, but for the British it is the basis of an entire culture."
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Looking throw some books there is a nice picture in one ISBN 1-86126-461-5 Waffen ss Uniforms and Insignia
Dont forget the Skijager qualifying badge was instuted in 1944 so is a rare thing
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Third Reich Foreign volunteers”