Cossacks anyone?

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Re: Cossacks anyone?

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Where do you find a cherkeska, or even the pattern for one?
franz20

Post by franz20 »

I am terribly sorry for the necropost, but seeing your question unanswered I think its fair game. I have an original our unit is currently making, we recently reproduced the Kubanka that Trident military used to sell.

Franz
sapper44

Post by sapper44 »

Hay guys;
I was wondering, what was the typical weapon carried by the Cossacks? I have seen phots or K98s, 91/30s, and Vz24s? Did they just get left over second line weapons, just what they could pick up off the battle field, or is there a standard issue fo weapons?
Same question for the ROA on the atlantic wall. I have been told that they got 91/30s, and I have seen a photo of an GI holding what looked like a 91/30 in Normandy.
Thanks;
Christian
"Peace is an extension of war by political means."
- Robert Heinlein
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Anything that fired bullets, simply put....
franz20

Post by franz20 »

sapper44 wrote:Hay guys;
I was wondering, what was the typical weapon carried by the Cossacks? I have seen phots or K98s, 91/30s, and Vz24s? Did they just get left over second line weapons, just what they could pick up off the battle field, or is there a standard issue fo weapons?
Same question for the ROA on the atlantic wall. I have been told that they got 91/30s, and I have seen a photo of an GI holding what looked like a 91/30 in Normandy.
Thanks;
Christian
Most photos show them using German weapons. They used a variety of firearms and weaponry, but it would be accurate to stick with the Mauser.

Franz

Return to “Third Reich Foreign volunteers”