wiking division

Herr Winkeler

Re: wiking division

Post by Herr Winkeler »

For the Flemisch i know that it was sometimes a personal choice wich colar tabs they used.
For the Flemisch nationalist it would be the Langemarck trifos but for those who wanted that Flanders be a part of 'the motherland' Germany they used the ss rune.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Guys,

The bergundy Cross and celtic cross collar patches were never issued to the French SS volunteers. Neither was the 'Sword of St. Joan' patch either. There was some discussion that some of these patches were issued, most notably the celtic cross to the French SS flak battalion, although this has never been proved and no accounts from veterans supporting it has been found.
The sword of St Joan patch was designed for wear by ex -milice and LVF men who were woolly about wearing runes, but was never issued as the German liaison team, under Brigaf Krukenburg, felt that it would further enhance divisions amongst the men.
Mark A - AFRA
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

There never was a celtic cross collar patch :? There was the sunwheel used by Wiking and Nordland, but only used as a collar patch by Nordland. The closed sunwheel offered by militaria dealers nowadays is a made up thing(as far as I know). Always happy to be corrected though.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
BENNY

Post by BENNY »

for the last 2 years i have been trying to find about the celtic cross collar patch as what has been said it was only issued to the french ss flak battalion? what i've got is that after ww2 finished the u.s army made a book about insignia of the waffen ss units that they had frought aganst. The celtic cross was in it because the french ss flak was used on the western front shooting down u.s planes. but no photos? hard to belive. also on axis history a guy said he had a full french ss flak tunic with celtic cross. who knows :? regards Ben.
BEN HAYNES
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

"Norwegian" collar tabs for officers

Kind regards
Enigma
Attachments
merker.jpg
merker.jpg (218.79 KiB) Viewed 5695 times

Return to “Third Reich Foreign volunteers”