Decima Mas Camo Smock

Moderator: supermario

mauser98

Decima Mas Camo Smock

Post by mauser98 »

Chen from Ant-Z is interested in producing the Decima Mas camo smock. However, he needs some good photos and details. If you are lucky enough to own a real one or even a good repro (but probably made from post war material) or have good period pictures that show detail, here is the opportunity to have them made with the latest higher quality material for a decent price.
It looks like he's willing to make them, but needs some help getting started so he can do it correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Your thoughts???
BERG

Re: Decima Mas Camo Smock

Post by BERG »

Did he say anything about camo pants? It's the same measurents as the regular wool M41 pants so they wouldn't be that hard for him to make as he already has the correct measurements! :)
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Berg,
I didn't ask that yet. I'm sure it wouldn't be much of a bother to do the M41 trousers. He seems receptive to making the camo smock right now, but naturally requires some good period photos or if someone has a good repro, pictures and details/measurements etc.. I believe he'd make the whole suit if he thinks there is interest. This would be excellent if it could happen. However, it's in our hands now to provide the photos and specifics. Any help would be appreciated.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i am interested in getting an italian paratrooper uniform together, doesnt what price glory or war horse do italian para uniforms ?
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

What Price Glory only makes US & British uniforms. Not sure of the other vendor.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i was on a website that mainly does british uniforms and they were making alot of italian para uniforms aswell. Cant bloody remember what site it was and it was only last week
GRFJ

Post by GRFJ »

Maybe Pegasus Militaria?
Steve supplies WHG and I hear he does some excellent Italian things.
"Always keep your words soft and tender, one day you may have to eat them".
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Hans,
welcome to my world. I have to write everything down so I don't forget and then I forget where I left the pad. LOL
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Got this from Chen yesterday. He is willing to make them but he needs something to go by. C'mon guys, those of you who have one of these can help alot of us out!

mauser98

[/b]thanks very much sir
we need very detailed photos of the smock
best regards
Chen

- pirschen1975
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

going by a photo...... again ? christ , havent makers lernt there lessons yet ?
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

M41/42jump camo smock, photo below belongs Paolo Marzetti.

A.Weiß
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Hans,
I understand what you are saying. Going by an original or at least a good copy from an original is the best way to go. Patterns or detailled drawings and photos can accomplish this as well. Chen seems serious in attempting to make these items but I'm not getting much assistance from the forums to make this happen. If we can get him to make more Italian uniforms from his cloth instead or just German items we've expanded the opportunities for more authentic Italian reenactors. His camo cloth, like that of SMW is the closest to original Italian camo so far. I'm sure there are Italian collectors and some reenactors that have these pieces. If we can get them to share some information we can make this happen. I'm sure he'll make the paratrooper smock as well, but isn't it a different camo pattern/colors?? Let's take this one step at a time since he already has this camo cloth on hand. Are the Italian reenactors/living historians willing to help?
I'm certainly open to other ways to accomplish this.

Mauser98
BERG

Post by BERG »

I have some photos on my computer whre you see the back of the jacket, I also have a pair of 1/6 scale uniforms, but they may not be as helpful as the real deal so to speak.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

so the 1/6 uniform was modelled from an original smock also ?

See, chen makes this smock, you get it... and you say ' the cut is wrong' , back to square one. To save argument, and chen wasting his time, model it of an original smock that he has in his possesion. yes he is willing to help, but dont waste time in a half hearted attempt
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

So you're saying he already owns one?? Noone has mentioned that till now! I'm not looking to waste anyones time, especially my own. I just emailled him hoping he'll actually make some Italian camo pieces instead of just Gereman ones and his reply was for photos and details. I'll check with him and see what he has to say. Your logic is sound and I don't disagree. Hopefully, there is an end game in sight.

Return to “Italian Discussion”