Mortar 81mm Mod.35

Moderator: supermario

missyd

Re: Mortar 81mm Mod.35

Post by missyd »

OK lets see what I found at the latest Novegro Military Fair in Italy ....

BTW ... for those who do not know .... its an original new in box sight for the mortaio 81 Mod.35!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
missyd

Post by missyd »

Some news about the mortaio 81 mod.35 ....
My boyfriend found the original support in italy ... its very expensive but we will buy it. Price is 1000 Euros!!!! Its was very difficult to find only the support legs without the base & mortar itself.
I managed to paint the repro parts in grigio verde! Hope to get the support legs before the next show in 3 weeks!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
missyd

Post by missyd »

Here it is ... my repro Mortaio 81 mod. 35!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ci vediamo
Daniela

Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Sir,
You have rare skill there.... and all done in the kitchen!!!!
We have 2 x 81mm mortars in our group and each cost £1500 to build (1900 euro's) but the do not look as good as your baby!
Well done
:D :wink:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
missyd

Post by missyd »

Thanks a lot! :lol:
I spent some 300 euros for the materials .... but its made of wood and only the tube is aluminium (so we can drop some bang-bangs inside!) ... I built it out of neccessity ... the real one did not materialize in time.

Next project in woodworking .... Breda 37! :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

panzerschreck

Post by panzerschreck »

ahhh..... you have not a Gold Finger ,you have gold Hands, :D

Ancora BRAVA...Bravissima...
missyd

Post by missyd »

Thanks a lot Panzer! You also make fantastic things!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

JB--06

Post by JB--06 »

Well done...

Grüsse Jb
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

Gren-Schell wrote:Sir,
You have rare skill there.... and all done in the kitchen!!!!
We have 2 x 81mm mortars in our group and each cost £1500 to build (1900 euro's) but the do not look as good as your baby!
Well done
:D :wink:
are you serious about the cost as we got ours for 280 quid all in , if you any one wants the sellers details i am happy to put you unto him . :)
missyd

Post by missyd »

Has the seller some sort of internet page? :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

supermario

Post by supermario »

Danielle,

What you've built there is fantastic. Well done. Here in the UK, we can get deactivated 81mm, Italian versions for around £250. Yet i feel you've got more enjoyment out of your one because of the research and the build.

Neil

panzerschreck

Post by panzerschreck »

Ohh... it is a good Price. In Italy you will pay around 5000 Euros. :(
missyd

Post by missyd »

Are these 81mm you mention for £250 .... are these mortars wartime stamped R.E. Mortars?
Because according to some italian guy real wartime italian mortars are sold for 5000 Euros in Italy ....
Maybe they are the mortars are form the portugese army ..... ?
Ci vediamo
Daniela

supermario

Post by supermario »

Danielle,

Yeah, they tend to be the Portugese versions. Made by the Italians for the Portugese army. In the mix however, you do find original RE ones. All the dealers see are cheap mortars to sell on, and buy a few. The last RE original i saw was eventually sold for £180. I didn't have the cash, so missed out on a bargain. That was two years ago. You have to remember that its only recently that Italian equipment has taken a massive hike in prices. I bought my Breda 37 with two full ammo boxes and anti aircraft equipment for the grand sum of £220. Look how much they are worth now. Ok, they are not matching German stuff by any means, but the only real original Italian items that have always commanded a big price are the OR M40 tunics, anything Folgore/Decima Mas and vehicles. Its only recently that you've had to wage a bidding war on sites such as Ebay to get what you want. Casco Coloniale were two a penny until recently. I bought three Italian pith helmets for £25 seven years ago, now they can go for up to £100 each. As time goes by, things get more expensive, but that depends on the market place your selling in. In the UK, Mortars are not a big thing, so they tend to be cheaper.

Neil

Return to “Italian Discussion”