Hard to identify italian Zeltbahn.

Moderator: supermario

Caen44

Hard to identify italian Zeltbahn.

Post by Caen44 »

Last edited by Caen44 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
larrusso

Re: Hard to identify italian Zeltbahn.

Post by larrusso »

I'm saying nothing..!
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php
Go to this forum (Italian section) and ask ' Paolo Marzetti'.
If you want a correct and unarguable opinion on ww2 Italian 'Telo tenda mimetico' ask him.
He has published the most than anyone else on genuine Italian ww2 uniforms and equipment today and has a massive collection also.
Mike
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Last edited by Caen44 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
supermario

Post by supermario »

Alexander,

Not heard of Paolo Marzetti!!!???

How can you research Italian Camo/Items and Not have heard of Paolo Marzetti!!!!??? :wink:

He's one of the worlds leading experts on the subject. He deals with the Regio Esercito period and onwards. His collection and knowledge are vast, far more than most of us Italian 'experts' on here.

As for you Telo, its hard to say. In all honesty, it looks post war, but only because of the type of brown rope it has attached to the side. The colours are fair, Probably not as dark as you'd like them, but still a Regio Esercito variant. Buttons are wartime three hole bakelite, but again, could be surplus utilised in the post war period.

What i'd like to see is the reverse side, and a complete laid out picture. Does this version have the Neck Flap? Cheers

Neil

Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Last edited by Caen44 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i guess Paolo Marzetti is like willi or Mr petz in the FJ world, so any seriouse collector of that creed will know of such a person :)
supermario

Post by supermario »

Most of Paolo's books are in English, and he's been publishing books for the last twenty plus years. If your by passing him in your research, then you can make grave errors. If your research is based solely on what the Germans wore in WW2, then it misses out a huge spectrum on the whole subject. Lets face it, the camo was designed, manufactured and worn by the Italians for 14 years before the Germans utilised it for 2. Also bear in mind that the Italians also printed the pattern on other materials, such as the camo jump smock, produced from 1941 to 1943. :D

Neil

Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Because you [or your serious collector friends]have never heard of a man does not mean his work is not important or valuable.
I think Neils posts are of immense value in this thread, we now all know of this Marzetti man and his work. Should we want to know more we know which author to look for.
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

supermario

Post by supermario »

Stig, thank you for the comment. My imput is just like everyone elses. This subject is such a minefield for people, but we have to look at the overall picture when looking at a subject, and take each comment objectively. As for Paolo, google him. He's there.

Caen, its a shame you couldn't have gotten a picture of the back. It could've told a thousand tales. The construction of the piece certainly looks wartime/early post war. However, overall, the colour doesn't look subdued enough.

Neil

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Caen44 wrote:
supermario wrote:Most of Paolo's books are in English, and he's been publishing books for the last twenty plus years. If your by passing him in your research, then you can make grave errors. If your research is based solely on what the Germans wore in WW2, then it misses out a huge spectrum on the whole subject. Lets face it, the camo was designed, manufactured and worn by the Italians for 14 years before the Germans utilised it for 2. Also bear in mind that the Italians also printed the pattern on other materials, such as the camo jump smock, produced from 1941 to 1943. :D

Neil
Well, I don´t understand if you want to discuss with me in a personal way, why don´t you send me a p.m and we can have a conversation about that this way? That post was about that Zeltbahn and not about Mr. Marzetti or when, who or what was wore, printed....????? :roll:

Caen44.

you just dont know when people are trying to help you do you ?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Caen44 wrote:Guys, you really love me, don´t you?
Well, no, actually.
It just seems a trifle arrogant to dismiss a body of work just because you and your serious collector friends dont know about it.
Read it, review it, then if you find it lacking or incorrect then reject it. To do otherwise is logically flawed?
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Last edited by Caen44 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Perhaps there is something lost in translation but this reads as arrogant to me;
"well...probably in Italy he is your man but in the rest of the world me and the serious collectors I know newer heard about him. :lol: You don´t have to be italian or have to know Mr. Marzetti to do professional research of telo mimetico."

And no, I dont think you care in the slightest what I or anyone else thinks of you. Again that could be read as arrogant?
I suffer from a similar affliction but I dont care what people think of me because I dont take myself too seriously and dont think people would waste their time getting bothered about me.

Return to “Italian Weapons and Equipment”