SPA on EBAY

Moderator: supermario

supermario

SPA on EBAY

Post by supermario »

Thought i'd stick this one up here as a first post.

Anyone got ant money they can lend me?

Or a lottery grant?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

That's beautiful and after an email I JUST sent it may or may not be coming to England! :wink:
Thanks for posting that........ a gem!
bilko

Post by bilko »

Thats on milweb as well.
supermario

It'll go for....

Post by supermario »

.. Alot more than that,Bryn. These SPA trucks are rare. Big money from the Italian collectors will certainly play apart, although there are about three in private hands in Italy. I think £10k minimum for it.

Paul,

If it does come this way, let me know. You don't see many Italian trucks this side of the channel (I know of two).
Tried to get one ourselves, but had no joy (Fiat 626, RHD...... bloody lovely she was)
Still keeping my eyes out for a OM Taurus truck.

Neil

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

The 12thSS used alot of Italian trucks in Normandy but i guess like most WW2 stuff in France its long gone.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I can more or less guarantee where that vehicle is going. I will visit it and take some more pictures for you when/if it arrives!!!!! :lol:
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Remember this from some time back....

Part of an album....

There she is as used by FJR boys....
supermario

argh...

Post by supermario »

... I hope it stays as an Italian truck. There's not many about, and to have such a unique piece of Italian engineering not in Regio esercito colours would be a crime. :)

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

OK - She is coming to England.
One or two other folks have worked out who has bought it but I'm asked not to publicly reveal just yet UNTIL she is home and dry.....

I was speaking with the owner of Friday and he says it is in good condition - I have no idea what it is going to be done was but probably some research will follow adn it will end upa s its last unit designation....

So please lads - Don't print the owner's name until the paperwork's done and the thing lands on the dock here. Ta!
supermario

Post by supermario »

Cheers for the Info Paul.

Must admit, I'm pleased its coming to the UK.
It would be nice to see it in Regio Esercito colours, as frankly, there are no Regio esercito vehicles in this country.
They all get 'Germaned' up for some reason.

supermario

Found one pic,

Post by supermario »

Found one pic in German use.

Essentially, the Fiat TM-40 SPA was an Artillery Prime mover, the seats on the back for the gun crew (Normally the italian 105mm). Lots of Italian trucks were taken by the DAK, denying their Italian allies transportation during the North Africa campaign. These were abandoned in Tunisia. (Footage shows Italian prisoners walking in from the desert, but German prisoners riding aboard 'liberated' Italian trucks) This particular truck is less common, in wartime terms, than the TL37 prime mover. This is the truck most Italian collectors crave. The TM-40 is a rare bird tho. They were built up until 1949, in RHD configuration. (The Italians drove on the same side of the road as the British prior to 1949). It has a diesel engine, so relatively cheap to run. :D

I wonder if this is one of the trucks that came from the Belgian museum that closed last year? If so...... there should be a couple more out there!

Neil

Feldgrau

Post by Feldgrau »

Complimenti

Avete acquistato un bel pezzo, molto raro, era una macchina eccezionale, potente e affidabile con un motore diesel molto robusto, ottima macchina.
Uno dei migliori trattori d'artiglieria della IIWK.

Max
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Well I can't say at all what it will end up as but I can imagine that my request as the guy who pointed the owner to it...... for a little drive around...... will probably be granted...... So I'll tell you all what it was like when I do!!!!!

I would imagine that if its history can be traced or if any paint can be determined under that lovely postwar Bundy Green..... it will be put back to what the evidence suggests was its last wartime user's colours.....

So to My Italian Ally - Benni Grazi for pointing that particular vehicle out - At least you know she is being saved and restored for posterity and also will be available to view (at some point) in the UK.....
supermario

Here, hang on....

Post by supermario »

Hang on Paul, surely i should get a drive for posting the link, that allowed you to inform your friend....eh? :D

Return to “Italian Weapons and Equipment”