Mannlicher-Carcano rifle

Moderator: supermario

Pirkka

Mannlicher-Carcano rifle

Post by Pirkka »

Could anybody tell me the going rate for a deac Carcano rifle? It seems that Finn second line units used them in large numbers, so I'm in the market for one.
supermario

M91's

Post by supermario »

The going rate is about £220 - £250. Thats if you can find them tho. They're getting harder to find these days.

von papen

Post by von papen »

werent there two types one with the folding bayonet?
Feldgrau

Post by Feldgrau »

Hallo

Excuse me, I use the traslator.

I paid my Carcano 91/38 from Chivalry 370€ in Italy( 270£ circa), and is not easy to find them. The Army in the last years destroyed more of a million of '91.

Max
von papen

Post by von papen »

what this destruction of historical weaponary will not be tolerated, gather your weapons, we will march on rome! :twisted:
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Feldgrau wrote:Hallo

Excuse me, I use the traslator.

I paid my Carcano 91/38 from Chivalry 370€ in Italy( 270£ circa), and is not easy to find them. The Army in the last years destroyed more of a million of '91.

Max
Bustards! It always happens when I want one!
jdeleur

Post by jdeleur »

von papen wrote:werent there two types one with the folding bayonet?
Das stimmt.
Have such a bayonet in my collection.
Looking for T30 bayonet info.
supermario

folding bayonets

Post by supermario »

Von papen.

There are two types of folding bayonet. One is a permanent fixture on the Carcano carbine, the other is a shortenend version of the M91 bayonet, and is designed to be mounted on the Carcano 91/38 TS (Truppi speciale....Special troops)version.

The Carbine type is actually a spike bayonet, in a 'T' shape cross sectiopn, not too unlike the Lee enfield 'pig sticker'.

The other type is e very much sort after item, as many were converted to a non-folding type during the war, by having a full cross guard placed in situ. They have two different types of scabbard, one for the leather frog, and one that was worn on the belt by itself.

Prikka, Try deactivated guns on a web search. There is a dealer in this country that does have one for sale, but can't remember the website name. You do see them crop up on Ebay, but these are live firers, in bits and in the US. Exporting them to a weapons dealer, then having them deactivated would be a nightmare. and thats if you 'win' all the apprpriate parts (Barrels rarely come up!!!)

Neil

von papen

Post by von papen »

thanks, ive seen alot of the m38? carcano carbines with the folding bayonets, i think i once saw a long carcano rifle, dont see them often, was the carbine the main issue for the italians?
supermario

main issue

Post by supermario »

The main issue was the long rifle for infantrymen, the shortenend carbine versions was for specilaist troops such as the Bersaglieri or Alpini. Thats a generalised rule, but with the chaotic supply system the Italians operated under (they were trying to update the calibre of their weapons when war was declared), this isn't always the case. Of the long rifles, there is the M1981, much the same length as the Gew98. There was a shortened version of that, like the K98. You then have the 'carbine' versions, such as the Moschetto and the Truppi Speciale. In period photo's you can see all types within the same unit, but for propaganda purposes the Italians used to make sure most the troops had roughly the same weapon type for photo's.

jdeleur

Post by jdeleur »

Feldgrau wrote:Hallo
The Army in the last years destroyed more of a million of '91.

Max
And sold a lot to euro arms if i'm correct.
Overhere they are not that favourable and wil cost around 100 & 150 euro
Looking for T30 bayonet info.
mauser98

Re: Mannlicher-Carcano rifle

Post by mauser98 »

I recently picked up a M91 Carcano (with spike bayonet and adjustable rear sight) dated 1936. However, it is in need of a handguard and rear band screw. Any help would be appreciated.
Grazie,
Jim

Return to “Italian Weapons and Equipment”