Aermacchi C.202 Folgore & uniforms

Moderator: supermario

missyd

Aermacchi C.202 Folgore & uniforms

Post by missyd »

Actually I do a little research on this very fine fighter plane. But as usual i'm stuck .... I need some good pictures of the airframe etc.
I have 2 books sofar
- Macchi C.202 Folgore by Przemystaw Skulski
- Macchi C.202 IN ACTION Squadron Publication

Any other suggestions for good books?

I also looking for a book about italian uniforms. I have the Osprey 3 books. But there must be a bigger, more detailed book on the market.
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
supermario

Post by supermario »

Missyd,

What do you want to know about the Beautiful Macchi 202 'Folgore'? Lots of books out there, most are Italian print. What do you want to know in particular? I'll point you in the right direction.

As for Books. The is the excellent 'uniformi, distintivi book. Author escapes me, but i'll get back to you on that one.

Mussolinis Soldiers by rex Trye is also pretty good. lots of Colour Photographs.

If you let us know what your after, perhaps we can help via the forum?

Ciao

Neil

missyd

Post by missyd »

I'd like to build a nice copy of a Macchi 202 in 1/6 scale ... not RC controlled but a nice scale model made out of metal like the real one.
I have plans but I need more detailed information about it. Something like a manual would be nice. Or copies of the blueprints ....

Let me know the author of the italian book .... Sounds interesting.

No problem with books in italian ... I can speak and read italian quite well ... :wink:

PS: There are so many professionally researched book about tanks and trucks of the WWII regio esercito sold very cheaply by todays regio esercito (a non profit organisation) but I could not find books, reseached as well as the RE ones, about the Macchi 202 (and the regio aeronautica) .... not even at militaria fairs in italy
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
supermario

Post by supermario »

Ok,

Two good books to get are Macchi MC 202 Folgore pt 1a and 2a.

They are printed by Aviolibri and the author is Maurizio Di Terlizzi.

The ISBN number for the boooks are 88-86815-62-X and 88-86815-42-5

Lots of pictures plus orignal blueprints and schematics taken from repair manuals.

15.50 euros each as far as i'm aware.

Another book for the macchi is one from the ALI D'ITALIA range. Volume Number 2 is the one you want. Its published by the LA BANCARELLA AERONAUTICA group.

I have their books on the Reggiane 2005, Piaggio P108, Fiat G55 and Fiat CR25. Awesome books.

Just for your info, do you know that Pacific Coast Models produce a 1:32 scale modell of the Folgore? Not the scale you want, but would be good to help scale up any bits and pieces.

Italian Aircraft are beautiful, and so underated. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a Centauro, or a Sagitarrio. many a US bomber succumb to the Folgores younger brother, the Veltro!

By the way, why 1:6. Thats a pretty big scale to work on! Not making a 1:6 scale pilot are you? Hope its Regia Aeronautica!

Forza Italia!

Neil

missyd

Post by missyd »

Thanks for the very useful informations! Will order these books asap.

1/6 scale would be just ideal for a scale model .... :wink: :wink:

PS: I ordered all 3 book and another one on the SM79!
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Return to “Italian Weapons and Equipment”