Finnish Recruitment

Moderator: Pirkka

Eirk Ritari

Finnish Recruitment

Post by Eirk Ritari »

Greetings, I am looking for anyone interested that wants or that currently has a Finnish impression in GA, AL, TN, SC, and NC that can meet in Chattanooga TN at-least 3-4 times per year. Post or PM me if you are interested.
I have been corresponding with Thor of the 2nd Jager Battalion
When people show interest in the unit we will pick a date for our first drill/meeting.
André

Re: Finnish Recruitment

Post by André »

It's good to know there are people interested about this small country's history outside Finland :)
Eirk Ritari

Post by Eirk Ritari »

I have been fascinated with the Russo-Finnish War for along time.
Eirk Ritari

Post by Eirk Ritari »

If you are not in the above stated area still send me a PM I can try to put you in touch with people near you via others I know.
saddler

Post by saddler »

Any such groups in the UK?

...or any in the recent past?
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Yes - there have been and I understand now is a British group portraying Finns - contact the moderator who should have more details of shows they will attend
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Moderator is Pirka but he hasn't been on since before Xmas
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
saddler

Post by saddler »

Thanks both

PM sent to Pirka

Hope I can get some info on groups (past & present) & hopefully get a bit more kit together
saddler

Post by saddler »

Well, NO ONE in the UK seems to be doing Finnish at present!

Not had any PM's back from any of the most frequent posters in the Finish section, nor seen much other evidence that any UK based people do Finnish.

A unit in Finland I am in contact with, is for Finns only...may try some of the Swedish units I chat to at the shows there to see if they have any ideas for me.

Maybe the topic is not yet UBER KOOL enough to be of interest...a HBO Mini Series or a couple of Hollywood epics would no doubt see a change there, but probably for the worse!
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

I was contacted at the beginning of the year about a new Finnish group - the moderator is one of them. I have also been in contact with Finns who have done 5th Division and were here two years ago at war and peace - I don't know their plans for this year but I can send him your details if you pm them to me.
Friedrich Köhler

Post by Friedrich Köhler »

Not been much life in the this Finnish section of the forum. But I'm from Sweden and got a Finnish uniform and gear. Not formally part of any group but is in touch with Etulinja and some in Sweden that do Finnish reenactment. :)
saddler

Post by saddler »

Friedrich Köhler wrote:Not been much life in the this Finnish section of the forum. But I'm from Sweden and got a Finnish uniform and gear. Not formally part of any group but is in touch with Etulinja and some in Sweden that do Finnish reenactment. :)
I sometimes see the Swedish group portraying Finns at the Stockholm show - though the airlines now no longer fly from Edinburgh to Stockholm, but to Gothenburg - so I may be trading in a different area at the Gothenburg shows soon (Next show is June 1 - not booked flights yet as not sure if my friend is taking his stall yet)
Friedrich Köhler

Post by Friedrich Köhler »

Nice, do you sell stuff or what do you do at these shows?
kelp

Post by kelp »

Saddler and Royalecosse, are you both still interested in doing Finnish in the UK?

Myself and my 18 yr old son would really like to do this, but we are not into promenading (no offence to anyone not our thing) so we really need to join or even start a UK group before we begin spending some cash.

Anyone else interested?
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

I am still interested but currently am committed to FIRE44 reenacting various British units (mostly the machine gun Bns as we have a Vickers but will be doing a Scottish regiment event at YWE - should have a Bren gun carrier and maybe a Cromwell if things turn out right)

What UK shows were folk thinking of going to?

Return to “Finnish Discussion”