Finnish Army Trousers ?

Moderator: Pirkka

jmatchlock

Finnish Army Trousers ?

Post by jmatchlock »

Looking for information and detailed Photos of Finnish Army Trousers ? Here are some photos of a pair sold by KevOs4 - sorry to say that group is more in to being a vender than Living History . note-there is not a thing wrong with a group haveing a vender part - but when the vender comes first and thenThe living History ,then I think some thing is wrong. ImageImageImagegood input on this is welcome . Thank You, Jay
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
jmatchlock

Re: Finnish Army Trousers ?

Post by jmatchlock »

as you can see in this pair of reproduction Trousers -the wast band is made using a fold and belt loops are sewin at bottom under the wast band - Is This common for Finnish Trousers ?Image
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

It seems to be. These are probably the best close up shots I've seen of the waist belt, though.
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

Here are 2 more Trousers -note : the wastband and belt loops -ImageImage
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

I was reading in ASEPUKU M/36 page 71 all trousers M/36 had two slanted front pockets,a small watch pocket and two buttoned backed pockets. Trousers were fitted with adjustment bucksers on both sides,witch was very useful as the trousers had no belt loops until post WWII.The straight leg pants - made form same fabric as the tunic. not much information on the trousers. no pictures of them in detail
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

8) ok this is an old posting but look for m37 stone grey trousers on a search engine and you should get Antz's Hong Kong web site. The trousers he shows matches your description perfectly (and I will get some - just need to remember to get braces as well!)
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Old swedish pants and world war 1 german pants are quite close, if you add side buckles. There is a good chance of getting repro-pants soon! Top quality, cheap and 100% correct ones.
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

I have had my trousers for some time now and apart from needing to sew on all the buttons again (oh the fun when they ping off!), I have been pleased with them. I thought that the Swedish trousers would be a green colour and thought that the Finns used grey coloured trousers? Again still waiting for the weather to get colder to wear them (look great with a cardigan - can I say that?)
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

There is great amount of different shades in both finnish and swedish uniforms of the period. Stonegrey or blueish swedish trousers would be better. Ofcourse you would need to fix the cuffs though.

Remember, that finns used the wool pants around the year. It gets quite hot in southern & eastern Finland during summer, it can get to 25 - 30 degrees of celsius but the wool pants were still used.

Anyways, I recommend you to start saving money for correct repro pants we are producing!
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Certainly worth waiting for and I hope that maybe a winter jacket as well? I've lined my US one now but it is obviously not correct.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Royalecosse wrote:Certainly worth waiting for and I hope that maybe a winter jacket as well? I've lined my US one now but it is obviously not correct.
They are very good all the Etulinja items are and alot better priced than 04
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Yeah currently we can get M36 wool tunic and M36 wool pants (not the straight legs but the baggy ones), and in the future we might produce other items too, like the mantel. The prices are quite nice, around 70 USD for the tunic and a bit more for the trousers. The only problem is, that the chinese ship the tunics with repro buttons that are horrible and not even near the correct buttons (or they ship the jacket without the buttons, it's random), so you have to replace them with post war plastic ones or wartime ones.

But I will be posting more about this later, since right now we can't send orders outside Finland. The trousers & tunics are spot on and the materials are great. Here's a photo of our unit wearing the tunic and the second guy from left has the trousers.

And here's a close up photo of the tunic.
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

Yeah currently we can get M36 wool tunic and M36 wool pants (not the straight legs but the baggy ones), and in the future we might produce other items too, like the mantel. The prices are quite nice, around 70 USD for the tunic and a bit more for the trousers. The only problem is, that the chinese ship the tunics with repro buttons that are horrible and not even near the correct buttons (or they ship the jacket without the buttons, it's random), so you have to replace them with post war plastic ones or wartime ones.

But I will be posting more about this later, since right now we can't send orders outside Finland. The trousers & tunics are spot on and the materials are great. Here's a photo of our unit wearing the tunic and the second guy from left has the trousers.
i hope we can sort something out in the future as i'd definately be interested in a couple of sets and it would be great to do a repro mantel, i'm going to have to starve myself for months to get in my original one.

all the best and thanks for posting the photos!
Rich
Rich

Return to “Finnish Discussion”