Summer M36 tunic

Moderator: Pirkka

Bergführer

Summer M36 tunic

Post by Bergführer »

Hi guys, I plan to make one for myself, I saw several photos but...is there any owner of well-made reproduction or original one who could make several photos for me? I need the front, back, sleeve endings, shoulder straps, breast pockets and the collar details, it would be great if the tunic will be lying not hanging.

Can you also show me how the Jager's Private collar tabs would look like, and what type of buttons should I use?

and off-topic - where can i get the metal cocarde for field cap?
jmatchlock

Re: Summer M36 tunic

Post by jmatchlock »

Bergführer,Welcome and Hello - I have the information you need -sent you a PM - Happy to see more Finnish , Jay -
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

Bergführer, is that a Finnish group in the making in Poland ?
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Are you attending any shows in the UK this year? You are welcome to take a closer look at mine if you are. I can only approve of more Finnish tunics in the world.
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

first many thanks to JMatchlock and Franz for getting me to the right site and showing me the Swiss shirts (and hopefully a link soon to some repro etc Summer tunics, I'm not sure the real versions will fit me!)

Do you have any info on Finnish reenactors in the UK (whilst I try and gather the kit without breaking the bank!)

cheers

(I must dig out the picture post card my great uncle sent his brother (my grandfather) from the finnish front - he was one of the 8000 Swedish volunteers)
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

welcome- Royalecosse
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Many thanks for all your help in web sites etc, does anyone know where I might obtain a repro Summer tunic? I have seen the Swiss workshirts on a US web site (cheers for the link) but have issues with high cost of delivery taxes etc getting anything from US - EU supplier would be better. That link to a great Finnish shop that stocks Summer tunics is great but (1) they are real so usually small size and (2) they are authentic and should be treated with respect!

My local army surplus stocks a good range of kit. I had a good gander and feel of an original Swedish m36 jacket - this seems v well made and was probably quite expensive when it was manufactured but as always, it's too small for me cause they were fitter and smaller in those days... :roll:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Milpro over here in Finland Had some about 100 € each
ImageImageImageImageImage
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Many thanks for the info. I e-mailed them but suppose they're too busy to reply. €100 is better than $350 though!
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

Welcome to the forum Royalecosse!
Milpro's summer tunics are pretty good, mine's one of theirs though acquired from the states when the pound was doing well!
Let us know if they get back to you, as joel will confirm i,ve been trying for months to spend some money there :(
Rich
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Royalecosse wrote:
Do you have any info on Finnish reenactors in the UK (whilst I try and gather the kit without breaking the bank!)
PM sent
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Many thanks for the PM and hope you got my reply. I phoned Milpro who put me onto Milform for a m36 Summer Tunic. €250 was quoted but I really need to try and get an e-mail though to double check this since drinking malt whisky is looking a much cheaper option! :|
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Milform actually emailed saying they would get back to me nxt week - just pleased that first contact has been made! (just need to save some pennies now.....) :?
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

no jpy yet fom Milpro/form but noted that Oxford army surplus store did have those "Swiss work jackets" (ie similar to Summer tunics) under guise of US prisoner jackets. No probs except were v small size (ah again) and had prisoner numbers and decal on front and rear. But would prisoners really need inbuilt belt hooks? Store may get more in but I have only seen these on the US web sites (are they really Swiss?). I doubt prisoners wear this kit - no labels (apart from a clean instruction so not "old") but integrated belt hooks seem that they had some military/ paramil use (most size 48 and £15)? Oxford store also now has a better supply of Swedish M36 jackets with original insignia (£25 ea) - my m36 Winter tunic is looking v expensive... :roll:
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

I think as far as summer tunics are concerned, the Swiss work shirt is going to us what the converted Swedish M36 jacket was to German reenacting ten and more years ago, ie a flag of convenience until we can get something better. The colour and 'feel' of the cloth is about right, and until Milpro get their collective fingers out and start answering emails, they will do. Certainly Unknown Soldiers will accept them on our display. I understand we will be permanently fighting a lack of big sizes, apparently you don't get burly Swiss.

Return to “Finnish Discussion”