Summer M36 tunic

Moderator: Pirkka

Pirkka

Re: Summer M36 tunic

Post by Pirkka »

The new look jacket:

Note that the tabs have gone, replaced by the 20mm white strips on the collar (I'm a Senior Sergeant). I'm going to dirty the tabs down a bit before the start of the season, as they're a bit white at the moment. I agree, though, that this looks a lot better. Now I'll have to get another one for going to the beer tent, though. :lol:
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

Fisto-Thank You for the information for the tunic upgrade .Pirkka ,Thank You -for doing the tunic upgrade and posting pictue. Looks Great .
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Looks better when I'm not in it :evil:
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

:P Ordered my Summer tunic from Milform last Tuesday and by Saturday it had arrived - with an additional feature I had not expected - collar tabs (there go my officer aspirations). I'm pleased with the outcome of this transaction and attach a picture. One question, did these tunics originally come with belt hoops at the side?
Attachments
Milform m36 Summer tunic replica
Milform m36 Summer tunic replica
DSC03274.JPG (141.67 KiB) Viewed 9253 times
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

looks good mate,
One question, did these tunics originally come with belt hoops at the side?
i believe they did, has yours got them? i've uploaded a photo of my repro and an original wartime photo(i'll add the source when i can find it!)

regards,
Rich
Rich
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

I have the belt hoops but these have been sewn in rather than using a button fastener - still an improvement on my winter tunic.....
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

Another source for summer tunics(site ref from Franz R , cheers) from Finland is

http://www.wiking.fi/fin/suomalainenkopiomilitaria.htm

€110 instead of €130 and with buttoned belt hoops unlike my sewn in hoops - however I have not yet had dealings with this company but as it appears on the Panzergrenadier web site as a link for kit then I presume others have had dealings with them.
Bergführer

Post by Bergführer »

My fresh tunic (not fresh enough, it stinks and has visit my wash machine :D)
Attachments
probka02.jpg
probka02.jpg (56.61 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
Royalecosse

Post by Royalecosse »

I have to admit your one looks more authentic than mine, esp with those metal buttons. I'm using mine as a normal jacket at present - since I've taken the collar tabs off, I think folk just think it's an odd safari jacket! Recent purchase is complete opposite to the summer tunic, a Swedish arctic jacket that looks like someone has sewn a sheep to a tent!
Bergführer

Post by Bergführer »

It's funny story - It isn't a full-scale replica. I bought two work jackets of unknown origin at local market (no-one wanted to buy them for a while...) for less than 8 euro for both :) Bought two to make all the alterations and now, I'm quite happy with that - it has two strong points - the material is great and used (looks quite authentic) and the buttons are nice, but there are also two weak points - the back is made from two parts (there is no way to change it - is there any org example that is sewn that way?) and the cuffs should have two buttons? (i'm not sure here) but as for now (since I get new factory made material to sew museum-quality replicas :P) and looking at the price (8 e + flowers for my mum) I think it's nice :P ( I saw different replicas that had that kind of mistakes so...) That's why I wrote that it stinks like hell :D
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Don't buy the KevOs stuff, they are way too expensive and quite far from correct ones.

Milpro/Milform is well known in Finland for not answering emails, luckily we can visit them easily. Their uniforms are correct, like Fisto said. They have suplied most of the finnish war movies, museums and theathers with the uniforms and some of them are quite used!

One important thing for all of you guys. The cotton material of the summer tunic gets dirty really easily. Spotless tunics were not seen in the front, they were all quite dirty so go around for a jog with your jackets, crawl around in the filthiest places you can imagine! Get them dirty! :P

Return to “Finnish Discussion”