Rubberized Canvas Ammunition Pouchs ?

Moderator: Pirkka

jmatchlock

Rubberized Canvas Ammunition Pouchs ?

Post by jmatchlock »

Any one have information on the Rubberized Canvas Ammunition Pouchs . Thank You, Jay Image
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Franz repper

Re: Rubberized Canvas Ammunition Pouchs ?

Post by Franz repper »

Jay the most common type would of been the WWI K98 type in brown leather ,Yes we had many other types as well
have a look at this site for more photos and info
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

My photos show WW1 German Mauser pouches as being the most common, followed by Soviet Mosin pouches with the SA overstamp. The Finns used what they could get and were greatful, though.
jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

on my Black Rubberized Canvas Ammunition Pouch set it is more like the German 3 pocket one -but way more heaver .I also was told thy made the Rubberized Canvas Ammunition Pouches for the Carcano .
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Rubberized pouches are mid-late war models that were produced in Finland. They are rubberized canvas, because it was "durable", cheap and easy to produce. Finland produced only limited number of leather pouches, pretty much all the ammunition pouches were old german world war 1 stock, bought in the 20's and 30's.

Rubberized ones were quite common late in the war and after war. My father was issued a pair of those as late as in 1980, to go with his bolt action rifle. But then after basic training they received RK62 assault rifle and got the nasty 60's made webbing instead :P

Return to “Finnish Weapons and Equipment”