My FJ Impression is taking shape... Pics this morning..

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Paulkd

My FJ Impression is taking shape... Pics this morning..

Post by Paulkd »

We took some pictures to see how my impression is coming together, as its Normandy 44/Holland 44 that interests me i am sticking with the marching boots etc. Excuse the beard, obviously I shave it off when I'm reenacting, this is just me in the comunual garden of the estate I live in.

So I have a Hong Kong smock, am ATF Splinter smock, and a Heroes collection sumpmuster one.
Belt is origional, straps RAU, springhosen RAU, boots RAU, helmet hong kong.
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
Hans Gowert

Re: My FJ Impression is taking shape... Pics this morning..

Post by Hans Gowert »

have you faed your HK green step in ? one of the things that puts me of them is that they look too dark on the website but your one seems alot lighter which is alot better
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

looking good! :lol:
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Oh, by the way if you did a late war Italy impression you could keep the beard! I have seen several pics of them in wear in Italy. Must have been the Italian fashion of the time.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Give the helmet a make over and you are set!!! Like these two lovely sartorial gentlemen!lol :lol: :lol:

You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

I think the best advise is to buy another helmet and a pair of sidelace boots.

paint one helmet aplegreen for the start of the war and one in cammo so you can do Normandy and Italy.
The sidelaceboots are then again for the start and you don't have to buy frontlace boot, but you can use your infatrystiefel for the latewarjob like Normandy and Italy.

Olivier Vercammen
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

Hans Gowert wrote:have you faed your HK green step in ? one of the things that puts me of them is that they look too dark on the website but your one seems alot lighter which is alot better

It is faded, but just by time nothing more, its a few years old now! but dont the current Hong Kong smocks feature the correct yellow flecked fabric, so they are the correct shade from new?

I love the Heroes collection smock, its in the Luftwaffe Sumpfmuster as shown in the Daniel Peterson book page 40, I have some plastic RiRi zips on the way which will make it even better!

Good advice,(boots and helmet) Ive been thinking of getting one of the better shaped Deepka helmets for a while!
My sign is good eh? Poggendorf (SBG) did it for me, I spotted it in the Ruckmarsch book, and Dave copied it for me! Its normally on my garden fence for my neighbours to read lol!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

dagda wrote:Give the helmet a make over and you are set!!! Like these two lovely sartorial gentlemen!lol :lol: :lol:

MP44 + tropical kit= ?
dagda

Post by dagda »

It was tropical day (at Duncannon we have one day where we wear other theatre kit as oppossed to our 'normal'standard kit)!!!All of us had different weapons to explain to the public!

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

dagda wrote:It was tropical day (at Duncannon we have one day where we wear other theatre kit as oppossed to our 'normal'standard kit)!!!All of us had different weapons to explain to the public!

love that excuse :P :P :P
dagda

Post by dagda »

Its good isnt it!! Up there with the dog ate my homework! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cckw-353

Post by cckw-353 »

Paulkd wrote:We took some pictures to see how my impression is coming together, as its Normandy 44/Holland 44 that interests me i am sticking with the marching boots etc. Excuse the beard, obviously I shave it off when I'm reenacting, this is just me in the comunual garden of the estate I live in.

So I have a Hong Kong smock, am ATF Splinter smock, and a Heroes collection sumpmuster one.
Belt is origional, straps RAU, springhosen RAU, boots RAU, helmet hong kong.

Hi there

Your uniform looks good...but take the beard off! German regulations did not allow beards and if you see them they were usually wildly grown ones after weeks in combat and even than rare...

cheers
Uwe
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

For Fj troops based in Italy beards were popular as the short beard was fashionable in that region. There a some good photo's of fj in neet trimmed beards in Italy.
GRFJ

Post by GRFJ »

paulmfjr2 wrote:For Fj troops based in Italy beards were popular as the short beard was fashionable in that region. There a some good photo's of fj in neet trimmed beards in Italy.
Although I absolutely agree with Paul I have to ask in how many of the photos in Italy do we see that? I'd say very rarely. IMO better to show the norm that the exception, but that's just me.
I also see it from another angle. If I was a spectator at a public event my first thought would be "didn't his unit leader tell him to shave?"
I prefer an unshaven look, it is much more "front line". 8)
"Always keep your words soft and tender, one day you may have to eat them".
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

GRFJ wrote:
paulmfjr2 wrote:For Fj troops based in Italy beards were popular as the short beard was fashionable in that region. There a some good photo's of fj in neet trimmed beards in Italy.
Although I absolutely agree with Paul I have to ask in how many of the photos in Italy do we see that? I'd say very rarely. IMO better to show the norm that the exception, but that's just me.
I also see it from another angle. If I was a spectator at a public event my first thought would be "didn't his unit leader tell him to shave?"
I prefer an unshaven look, it is much more "front line". 8)
As long as the display at the public event had good information boards and was well displayed showing that it was depicting an Italy scenario and that well informed reenactors were on hand to talk to the public I don't see there being a problem.

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”