Zeugmeister

NEW Side laced boots

Post by Zeugmeister »

What you think about the new boots?
FJ-Stiefel-M1-+-Sole-Neu.jpg
FJ-Stiefel-M1-+-Sole-Neu.jpg (228.85 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
FJ-Stiefel-M1-Neu.jpg
FJ-Stiefel-M1-Neu.jpg (217.64 KiB) Viewed 5126 times
Unfortunately, we only have rubber soles (early post war) for boots size 41 in limited quantity availabale.
These soles fit only on the size 41 boots, we have no rubber soles for other sizes available, so we produce
all other sizes with a leather sole like the 2nd model has.

What is better, should we produce
the boots with a leather sole like the 2nd pattern boots or should we fix a plain rubber sole ?

Your opinions ?
Last edited by Zeugmeister on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hauwaertz

Re: NEW Side laced boots

Post by Hauwaertz »

Looks great! I think you should go with the type 2 sole until rubber ones could be produced. Just my opinion
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

the rubber soles should be completely rubber and not stuck on the bottom ?
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

thomas,

anychance of having any pics of the shoe being done up , possibly on someones foot ?

trying to determine if the width of the ankle is massive like the 1st pattern SMW boots. If its an improvement and is tight around the ankle, then i can see myself buying a pair :)
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

There where two kind of ruber soles under the first model Fallschirmjägerboots. The other rubber sole is a rare one, but if you can find it or something that looks like it in a larger size. That would be great!

You have the well known fishbone structure and then you have a "Brussels waffle" structure. The largest part of the shoe is at a 35-40° angle and the smaler part is staigt 0° or 90° angle.

There is a picture in the book FallschirmJäger Rgt. 3 (part 1 by Klaus J Peters) on page 61.

Olivier

P.S. that the ankle is tighter then the American boots would be great, but if a boot costs 339 euro I like it to be perfect. A petty you can't let the guys who produce them make a larger sole.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

upon further investigation on side lacing boots, it angled up about the 4 eyelet , which for a snug fit would be ideal to support the ankle aswell.

also, find it strange to see it in pebbled leather when it should be smooth ?
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hans Gowert wrote:also, find it strange to see it in pebbled leather when it should be smooth ?
Tom, I knew this had come up before but it turns out it was on another forum. Here is an excerpt from that conversation...

"Hi all
Since the original soles are not avaiable anymore i had the choice between plaque and cholera and will use the pictured one but not as a full sole.The heel will be leather and the rubber will get thinned , cutted into 2 halfs, 1 for the front and 1 for the heel and put on the leather sole and heel.
(the crooks must have a source for original looking soles to fool the collecters with fake boots)
As for the leather:
The originals were pebbled leather!Even the reddish and many black 2nd model boots were pebbled leather.
That is one of the reasons i started this project, the uk made sidelaced boots (which are good, but smooth and made of purse leather) were not authentic enough for me.
I also dont know if i ever will make another run of boots after this 5 pairs.
There need to be again a minimum of 5 people because of the quantity of material(leatherskinsize)
Regards
Detlef"

Detlef was well read on boots as I remember, haven't heard from him lately though.
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Hmmm, i can understand that on the 2nd pattern boots, i dont believe not all was pebbled leather, with all the pictures of the original boots out there, the only pebbled style boots i have seen are the ATF's pair of original 2nd patterns.

Now, it can be argued that over time the pebbled lost its 'pebbled'ness' (bad english) , but alot of the boots in collectors hands out there have been kept in reasonable to mint condition so they are in a state as they were from the 1940's. And most i have seen are smooth..

so i dont know about that guys opinion. Im no expert, havent handled an original pair, just going by what i have read and seen pictures from original collections .
Chorlitz|12.SS|

Post by Chorlitz|12.SS| »

I would not base anything on ATF so called 'Original' stuff Funny how hes dot44 Original has the same pattern and the same eagle as his repro. and The same with he's sturm boots.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Perhaps because their repso are based on the originals they are displaying ;)
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

ATF 2nd pattern boots are indeed different from sturm boots. They were made by the same factory , and based on the same pattern.

But ATF boots are based on his original 2nd pattern boots and are very different to sturm boots.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Is that good or bad?
Their lowboots and jackboots are also made by the same factory, but the quality of the ATF ones are really bad (or at least the first batch were)
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

sought of hijacking the thread so i wont comment further :)
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi Tom, It's perfectly valid to discuss other suppliers (ATF) when compairing if it helps making the topic, as long as we keep to the relevant boots.

Cheers Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
dagda

Post by dagda »

There is nothing wrong with the ATF boots, thaey are hard wearing. They are made in the same place as the sturm ones but they are different, thicker leather more robust! Detlef is the Schuhemeister and knows his shit! He makes great FJ Y straps by the way!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”