Fallschirmjager "crusher" cap

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Jaws

Fallschirmjager "crusher" cap

Post by Jaws »

Hi folks, I would like your help regarding a fallschirmjager crusher cap. I've got one from SOF (One of the cheap sale one's without emblems, and it's my head size!) and I want to badge it up as NCO (Gefreiter).
I am struggling to a find NCO's cloth Luftwaffe cockade - any idea's where I can get one from?
I've seen loads of officer cockade with the silver wire but no NCO version?
The cap eagle... will a field cap version be acceptable?

Or should I abandon the cloth insignia and get metal badges, put on a chin strap and await some one to say "that's not the correct visor!" :lol:

I'm doing this on a small budget. I would love to get a proper visor cap like what militaria.net or Nicholas Morigi sell but it's not possible at the moment. (I'm saving up for FAC and mauser :wink: )

I'm portraying a late war Falshie (1943-45) and i'm struggling to see any photo's in my small book library of crusher caps of this era apart from studio pictures... and they are all visor caps.

All your comments (or pictures) will be gratefully received.

Best regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
paulmfjr2

Re: Fallschirmjager "crusher" cap

Post by paulmfjr2 »

The crusher cap was a throwback to the pre war and WWI service cap and is very hard to find in late war pictures. It was also a non issue item and was custom made and therefore only affordable for Officers.

As a late war gefrieter I would suggest going for a standard service cap or stay with your std M43 cap as can be seen worn in formal pics (such as wedding pics ) of this time.

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”