9/FJR6 Ireland Re-constituted

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

mikebie

9/FJR6 Ireland Re-constituted

Post by mikebie »

Guys

On behalf of the leadership of the MMVRG, I've been requested to form a new WW2 Airborne Group. This group is NOT a replacement for Wargroup or BGS and aims to recreate, as close as possible, actual operational conditions experienced by airborne troopers in the field.

We will incorporate the existing FJ element from BGS and will conduct realistic training for those of us who are interested, from both Allied and Axis perspectives, with the aim of establishing a cadre of trainers with the ability to provide historically accurate airborne training from either doctrine.

From an Axis perspective, we will continue to represent the Assualt Kompanie No. 9 of FJR6 which fought in Normandy, Holland, the Ardennes and beyond.

From an Allied perspective, the training will be co-ordinated by myself and Major Hayden and the group will represent a Pathfinder Unit of the 101st AB DIV in 1944. Thus, Spearhead Pathfinder tactics will be the order of the day, both from a US and British/Polish point of view.

As members of the MMVRG, we will co-ordinate events with our colleagues in BGS and Wargroup, as well as Joe and Lynne, and will respect and uphold Group policy and rules and our common aims and objectives.

This will be an interesting exercise and will complement the professional impression of our affiliated groups, and we look forward to continuing our close friendship with other serious Living History groups throughout the country and in the UK.

If anyone has any queries in relation to this, don't hesitate to contact me either by p.m. or phone if you wish.

Looking forward to a productive, professional and fun 2010 season.

Horrido!
dagda

Re: 9/FJR6 Ireland Re-constituted

Post by dagda »

No doubt you will be seeing us lurking around at a few events this year! Its all good and positive! We will be very much involved with events and projects with our kameraden in the Liebstandarte and the allied contingent! As well as supporting our friends in FJR6 'Green Devils of Carentan' in anyway we can!!

Glueck Ab
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Wishing you all the best Kamerads .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
carentan

Post by carentan »

Good luck with this new venture guys, you're welcome to come over anytime...Shall we reserve you your usual table at Beltring (a wet foxhole :wink: )

Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
dagda

Post by dagda »

Danke Kameraden!

Wet foxhole will do just fine! Some Mossies for afters perhaps!?
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

rommel

Post by rommel »

Good luck from your cousins in BGS . Looking forward to working and battling with ye in the year ahead ...
Horrido

Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”