Scene of FJ actions

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

carentan

Scene of FJ actions

Post by carentan »

I'll start a pictorial thread for scene of FJ actions. Anywhere, any theatre of operation, see if we can turn up a few interesting ones. Here's a few, surprisingly, for FJR6 in the Carentan area.

First, the Barquette Lock which had been opened to flood the surrounding low level marshland. It had been secured by men of the 501st PIR early on D-Day.

Next the terrain and geographical position of the fighting between St. Come du Mont and Carentan showing the four bridges into Carentan.

Darren

Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

It seems we are all moving from forum to forum and join up again... I wonder why we can not have one good Fallschirmjäger forum, not only for reenactment but also for research.

I must say carentan this is a most interesting topic. I have following link which you might already know:-

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/BOOKS/WWII/utah/utah5.htm

For the FJR 6 freaks under us... maybe it is interesting to know that the Natonal Archives at Washingon has some account written by v.d.Heydte just after the war for the US Historical Division. Some are about the battle about Carentan !

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”