Fallschirmjäger Traditionskompanie knighted

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

FJR6

Fallschirmjäger Traditionskompanie knighted

Post by FJR6 »

On 30 April, the official German paratroopers association, the Bund Deutscher Fallschirmjäger, represented by their president, General Bernhard, accepted the freshly formed Fallschirmjäger-Traditionskompanie as a new Kameradschaft.
Presently the Traditionskompanie consists of members from Germany, Austria, the United States, Greece and Belgium who will be tasked with representing the WW2 German Fallschirmjäger. When the Kameradschaften of wartime paratroopers are closing down, the Traditionskompanie will carry on the traditions and customs of the old German Fallschirmtruppe within the Bund.

At the reunion of the famous Luftlande-Sturmregiment, the Traditionskompanie set up an exhibition of Fallschirmjäger uniforms, equipment, parachutes, weapons and vehicles and formed the colour party at the church service and wreath laying ceremony for the veterans and guests.

Glück Ab!
Volker

1. Kameradschaftsleiter
Kameradschaft Fallschirmjäger-Traditionskompanie
im Bund deutscher Fallschirmjäger
carentan

Post by carentan »

Well done on your achievements...

Glueck Ab

Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Congratulations, well done!!

Kelly
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

nice pictures! Where was this photo taken?
Timetripsinc

Post by Timetripsinc »

Volker,

My deepest respects for what you and the guys did there. I had to make do with second best; jump a stick of US airborne from a C47 at Angoville au Plain.
One observation from the pics; Don will be Don forever :D

Paul
FJR6

Post by FJR6 »

Hello,
thanks for your compliments.
It took some time to get us there, but the work finally paid off.
The group picture was taken in the graveyard of the Arnsburg monastery where the memorial service and wreath laying ceremony was held, the other picture was taken in the town hall of Lich where the Sturmregiment was received by the mayor and where we set up shop for the display.
We are proud to be associated with such fine old men and we thank them for allowing us to spend time with them.

Paul, I think you're doing very well with the Pathfinders. Yes, Don's unmistakeable.

best regards,
Volker

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”